chapeter 4

Iris Penelope Williams POV

I woke up early in this morning as usual .Every morning i woke up early to be at French corner at 6 a.m.
It has been almost two days after that incident and it all felt unraveling . Me bumping in to a stranger,him kissing me... And the aftermath..I shook those thoughts away from my head.

I did my morning routine before getting dressed .

I sighed. I had forgotten  to do the groceries because of sudden changes lately.

Those days i had always something to eat during those long shifts. Pros and con of working at a restaurant...

As I had few money left ,i decided to attend the nearest coffee shop.

I ordered a plain coffee and some muffins.I silently walked towards a table in the corner to sit.
The muffins were amazing....
I wish i had enough money to taste all the muffin flavors.

Before i was going to put the last piece of that divine muffin in my mouth i noticed the tall figure in front of me.
I put the muffin down and looked up.

" mind if i sit here?" He asked.

"yes of course i was already going to leave anyway" i gave him a friendly smile.

He gave me a very skeptical loom before sitting down.

I continued my thoughts towards muffins while tasting my coffee.

"So are you a coffee person"

" hmnn what...?"

I can see that you like plain coffee .

"Oh ya , kind of.." I said

Screw that, it's not like I'm so in to plain coffee or any thing it's because that's the cheapest thing you can buy here...

"So.. what are you doing? Oh I'm Daniel by the way"

"I'm Iris. What do you mean by 'doing'?"

"No just ...so where do you work?" He asked in a matter of fact way.

"Well.. Currently I'm not working any where. I'm... Searching for a job."

He silently nodded while tasting his large cup of coffee.

"Well, what kind of job are you searching?"

No shit Sherlock.. Am i getting in to something??

"Well almost anything, i don't mind housekeeping, assistance even dog walking " I said trying to sound professional although I might be coming out desperate. I already knew that my unfinished degree would lead me to nowhere when finding a job.

"Oh well...then seems like it's your lucky day. Do you have any experience in house holding?"

"Well sir I can give my best and I'm  quite attentive if you are kind enough to give me a chance. I never had an experience in house holding but I'm pretty confident ."

He finished his coffee while listening . Seemed like he never cared to listen anyway.

"Okay then I'll give you a chance. Here's my business card come to my office to know more about the job in this afternoon at 4.30. "

"And i don't appreciate getting late or anything. I'll give you information about the job and the employer. Let's do the paper work after that and no need to bring your CV. come along with any recommendations if you have"

After slipping the last drop of the coffee he got up.

A very businesses like person anyways..... but it was weird to pick up a job at a coffee shop.