chapter 9

Iris Penelope Williams POV

I turned back to face the stranger.
Jack?Jack Richardson?

"Miss me?" He asked with his recognition cocky smile. But i could feel the evilness hidden behind it.

"What do you want?" I asked searching something to focus my eyes rather than him.

"Well you know what i want, don't you? You knew it from the very first beginning." He said while licking his lips.

Jack. Jack was the only guy who showed an interest towards me in my freshman year. Thanks to Hailey,being the queen bee of the college, most of the time i was abandoned and forgotten. I was just another wallflower. At first i was nervous and surprised. Jack was the new kid in the town and straight away got selected to the foot ball team. There was no way, him to have feelings towards me. So when he asked me to go on a date i was more like dumbstruck. Just like other days, he left me without giving me a time to respond. Later on, at the end of the day Jack insulted me along with Hailey's gang saying that i was a scrum bug that no body wants to date. I was humiliated in front of the whole school which wasn't an unusual thing for me by then.

It was then, i realized that it was a prank from the very first beginning planed by Hailey. Jack who was new to the town had a desperate need to climb the social ladder, so they got together to accomplish their goals.

The bitter memory of rude sounds of laughing broke me away from my trance.

"What do you really want Jack?"
I asked looking right into his eyes. He was handsome. Too bad that he had an ugly heart.

"It's you baby, that's all i need"
He said with a dark chuckle.

"Well in that case, you're not going to get lucky enough then. Sorry i got to go now" i said looking out for Kenneth over him, who was no where to be seen.

"Well well that's not what i expected from you. What happened to that naive, shallow personality,hmm?"

He said while taking his strides towards me.

"Don't even think to come closer than this Jack" i said angrily.

"What if i did?" He said trapping me between the table and himself.
I felt uncomfortable with the position but his grip was strong.

"Let me go Jack."i tried to push him away.

"Not that easy Iris. not that easy"

"Let me go,you jerk"

I don't know what came through me. But it was something which was boiling inside me for all these years. The pain, the hatred.
I'm not going to let this hypocrite to drag me down again. I mentally crossed my fingers before stepping on his right shoe with my pointed six inch high heel.

Just in case I made sure to put my full weight on my heel while doing it.

"Aarhhhhh" Jack let a sharp horsey scream that i couldn't help smiling at my inner demon.

He removed his hands instantly making me smirk with victory.

"You're not going away with thiss, this isn't over Iris"he hissed behind my back.

"We'll see Jack we'll see"

God i need to find Kenneth soon

I was going round and round in the ball room searching for him.

"Searching for me?" Someone whispered behind my right ear.

"Nope,not at all" i said playfully.

"Well then, it's too bad" Kenneth said turning me around to face him.

"Hmn can i have a dance"

"You know.. I don't know how to dance. I never tried to learn ball room dancing." I said regretfully, for letting him down tonight.

"Not a big deal girl. Only if you are willing to let me sway your body tonight." He almost whispered the last part in to my ears.

I got blushed from pink to red while putting my hand on his.

Whatever he meant by swaying..

The waltz by Chopin started to fill the air.

So we swayed.

More like he swept me off my feet.

"You know what?" He whispered to my ear.

"Hmnn?"

"It's getting hard"

I got blushed instantly.

What was getting hard? Millions of ungodly pictures started to fill my brain.

"Wha..what's getting hard" i asked shyly.

"It's getting hard to keep my hands off your hips tonight"

"Oh" said my stupid hormones.

"You mean....can't keep my hands off to myself? " i asked innocently.

"Hmnn..what to do? The heart wants what it wants" he said with a fake seriousness .

" well then..too bad because i ran out of lyrics."i said holding my laugh back.

"But in my case.., i.. never say never.." he said while drawing circles behind my back.

How ever his deep voice didn't even match with Justin Bieber's lyric.

I was fine with that anyway. Tonight's definitely going to be a night, something in the air told me.