chapter 19

Salt water embraced me as i sank in to the cold mass of ocean. I wasn't a good swimmer at all. i was never invited to have swimming lessons with Hailey( i wish..) Pump of adrenaline rushed through my veins as i struggled to come in to the surface but sadly all my efforts were in vain. My lungs gave up as i felt a huge lump in my throat and in between the lines i heard myself screaming for help.

  no... no... no ...you cant give up after surviving this far...you just simply can't Iris.. I thought to my self while struggling.

but my body was slowly giving up as i struggled to come in to the surface. i pushed my self harder as the ocean tried to gulp me down. It felt like a decade as every second ticked my life away draining my strength. I tried to remember how it felt when i was kissing him....the velvety shape of his lips on me,every glance that we shared during the meals and lazy Sunday evenings when he used to steal glances at me while watching television...every single feature,every single detail of his smile..

Funny how the say that your life flashes before you when you die. Memories, childhood,The loved ones, the most precious things that you can't let go....

Even it was such a scary way of having your last breath
what does he mean to me..? was my last thought when i was drowning deep.

 Little did i know that the crowd on board were already rushing towards the edge.

                                                                                                ****

She has been ignoring me since the day i made a fool out of myself.  i slowly walked towards the deck but something in the air told me that something is wrong. the bow was already crowed and it wasn't a celebration crowd. the crowd was panicked. the first thought that came in to my mind was ..

is Iris alright?

with that thought i ran toward the other end where everyone was gathered. Probably someone was drowning and my instincts told me that Iris was in danger. with that thought i took off my shirt and jumped in to the cold sea.

                                                                         ****

i tried to open my eye lids as the voices from distance started to get clear and propound. The easiest task seemed to be the hardest as i tried to gulp down the salty taste in my mouth. My aching body was a clear evidence to make sure that i was rescued and brought back to life. But for some reason it wasn't disappointing .There was times i really wished to be dead rather than to be alive but this time it was different. I genuinely felt happy to be alive. 

"Mr. Kenneth she's stable . but she needs to rest"

"thanks.. thanks a lot"

   "Iris can you hear me? .. " that was  Kenneth's voice. I tried to speak but i couldn't find my voice.

      Iris please talk... how are you feeling? do you know how much worried i was? you were unconscious  for hours... 

I'm....okayy.. i managed to spill out.

can you remember what happened Iris?  He asked in a concerned voice.
i want to know how you fell down. Kenneth was serious and.... suspicious for some reason.

I tried to swallow another lump in my throat but failed in advance.

i......just slipped. and that's all i remember. i tried to look sincere. Kenneth knowing what happened will do no good. He might snap or..even start a fight with Jackson. However the outcome would do no good for anyone.

He drew a deep breath in and took a step forward. From experience i could say that his deep inhaling is up to no good. He must be either pissed/ aware of everything/or may be feeling both. Kenneth bent down leaving his lips one inch away from my ear lobe and suddenly i felt my pale cheeks reddening up deceiving me.

stay calm iris!  I gulped.

I know what happened Iris... and what bothers me is the fact that why on earth you have to shield him.

His warm breath was fanning my cold skin and despite the tension of the situation i started to feel hot...sooo hot!

And then he left the room. little did i know that it was just a beginning of a huge drama.

                                                                            *****

heeeeey ...I'm sorry for these laaaate updates. I'll try to update soon(tomorrow maybe?). thank you for your lovely comments i have no words to say how  they made me happy in some of my dark days.i know  how it feels like to put a book aside without knowing the end:( .(charged as guilty for that)Thanks again cuties!!

Don't forget to Hit a like or comment :3

Guess what!! i just started my first job!!yayyyy