chapter 20

Kenneth's POV

why was she lying? what's going between her and Jackson? how do they know each others? do they have a past together? did he really hurt her?

no body can hurt her ... i didn't like that feeling so i fed more alcohol into my system.

with every slip of whisky i took the more i got frustrated. i needed the answers and intoxication wasn't helping at all.

the biggest question which bothered me was why did i really care?...about their past ?

there was no doubt that i am definitely attracted to the this woman but how far can i hold my feelings back? how long? the every minute i stood closer to her the more i became restless. of course it was addictive... she was addictive

It is more than physical attraction because if it wasn't i could have straight away get in to that business with her. But she not that kind of woman and i respected that. may be it's because of her resistance that i'm needing more. there's not a single night i could go to sleep without thinking of her. how she tucks her hair behind before looking at me, and those big blue eyes glitter when she looks into mine, how her little nose turns red when she's mad at something... and the taste of her lips... god ... i dont know the flavor but it was so addictive that everytime i stopped kissing her i just wanted more.

but now i have to find whether Iris is having feelings for someone else...Jackson. for some reason it did matter to me a lot. even if she had feelings for him i have no doubt that his intentions are up to no good.

I'll stop him..... no matter what

in between those thoughts i dosed off to a deep sleep.

*****

next morning my head was spinning but i was determined to spend time with Iris. as she's still recovering there's no reason for her to deny my presence. But once i got there my plans crashed down.

"hope you are doing okay...damn i was worried about you linda" a male spanish accent sang.

"mnnn....thanks Andre you are so nice " iris whispered in a small voice

"how can anyone not care about a sweet girl like you eh? "he was of course trying to get her under the spell.

that was it. i entered the room making the door slightly bang against the wall.

"hey buddy look who's here.... Kenneth what's up homie?" It was Andre, the spanish business tycoon. i didn't have a rivalry with the guy but him seeing close with iris was definitely getting under my nerves

"Andre what are you doing here buddy?" i couldn't help asking. but i played it cool.

i could see how iris looked away at the ceiling when she saw me.

Wow.. is she giving me attitude? hold on babe i saved your cute ass yesterday

oh i just came to check up on I. i'm glad that you were there to save her ken i's do the same if i were there Andre told winking at Iris's way much to my despair.

does she know who saved her?my mind asked.

her widened eyes said something else. wow didn't she know for real? can't blame her for that though.

"I guess it's better if  i leave now " Andre said with some understanding look in his eyes.

once he left Iris looked in to my eyes in a way with..... gratitude? i sat next to her bed.