Taylor caniff imagine Part 7

I ran down the hallway. Before I think of myself and what just happened with Austin, I need to take the time to see Taylor. I ran past each door, 178, 176, 174...164, 162, 160, 158, and finally, room 156. I didn't even bother looking through the window, I just bursted in the room. Seeing him was truly like seeing an angel. It feels like I haven't seen him in years, but really, I've been in this hospital for less than 48 hours.

Beep, beep, beep

I looked at Taylor and thought about my peak of light in dark times. I sat down beside his hospital bed and stared at him.

I thought about how, if there was a cloudy night, he'd be that one airplane in the sky, the only light and luminous object that could be seen, the red and blue lights flashing from each wing. 

I wonder if I was his peak of light in dark times. 

"Am I the one Taylor?" I said ever so casually to his unconscious body. I looked out his window, it was a clear and star filled night. I was reminded of the moment we shared on the Brooklyn bridge.

"The stars can mean many things," I picked up his hand and cupped it in my hands, "to some, the stars represent something greater than this earth, it shows that there's a life and world outside of ours. That's not the case for me Taylor." My breathe started quivering. A single tear rolled down my cheek. "The stars are so dull when I'm next to you. They represent absolutely nothing. Their significance in my life is irrelevant compared to yours"  beep beep beep  "but if I lose you, I will have nothing left. I won't be able to look up at the night sky and think of you, because you are greater than any constellation that any scientist has ever discovered." I put his hand down.

"Taylor, I know that somehow, this conversation will remain in your subconscious memory, but this is what I really need you to remember. The fact that, my happiness no longer matters to me, and I will put your happiness before mine, and if your happiness means, not communicating with me anymore, because all the things that I've done to you, then somehow I will understand." Another tragic tear ran down my face. "I just hope that at least in one millisecond of time that this universe has given us, that out of all the stars and constellations seen by the human eye, for just one short moment, I was truly your peak of light in dark times" 

TAYLORS POV

You are Y/N ... you are.