five | awareness

A/N: 1K READS? IM HONESTLY SO OVERWHELMED! IMAGINE ME COMING HOME FROM CHURCH CAMP SCREAMING THE MOMENT I GOT MY PHONE BACK COS OF 1K!!! I WAS SO HAPPY I WAS ABLE TO UPDATE ON MY REGULAR TIME (which is every four days)

I DIDN'T THINK THIS STORY WOULD EVEN REACH 100 READS LET ALONE 1K?? OMG U GUYS ARE THE BEST THANK YOU SO MUCH!

✽✽✽

Jungkook

"When you guys go into your positions at the front of the stage, watch out for the smoke blasters." The staff member instructed. "We don't want anyone to get injured."

The staff member then looked at his list of warnings to see if he missed anything-he didn't. Having his job fulfilled, he left leaving my members and me to practice.

After a few moments, Namjoon proceeded to talk. "I was thinking, we should have Suga on stage firs—"

*ding*

At the sound of my phone's notification alert, I immediately pulled it out to check my messages. Aish... another game alert.

Despite being at the back, my actions didn't go unnoticed. "Ya! Put your phone away!" Namjoon yelled when he saw me. "We only have a few days to prepare for our Music Bank HOT Stage."

"Sorry hyung..." I quickly tossed my phone to my bag.

"What's wrong?" Jimin asked. "You've literally been checking your phone non-stop."

"Oh! It's just this app I'm playing," I lied knowing that telling the truth would earn me hours of explaining. Thankfully, Jimin believed me and gave his full attention to our leader.

I felt bad for being dishonest to Jimin, but explaining that I was waiting for a certain girl to message me back, under five minutes is virtually impossible. I should just focus on preparing for our stage.

But how can I when she hasn't messaged me back for almost two weeks?

On cue, the first line of Boyz with Fun started playing—reminding me of what I should be focusing on. Not wanting to get distracted further, I got into position and started dancing.

---

"Still no sign of Lisa..." I quietly muttered as I scrolled through my phone.

"What was that?" I looked up to see Jin hyung appear at my side.

"It's nothing..." I quickly hid my phone away.

Jin yawned. "You should take a nap like the rest of us." He said as he eyed the rest of the sleeping members in the van. "Practice was really tiring today."

"I'll just rest once we get back to our dorm," I replied. Satisfied with my response, Jin rested on Hoseok's shoulder to nap.

I went back to look at my phone. Ten unread messages and four unanswered calls. I look pretty desperate at this point, but I couldn't help but worry about Lisa.

Did something happen to her? Wait... Did I do something wrong?

Thinking back to the last time I saw her, I recalled everything from that day to check if I did anything wrong. To no avail, I couldn't remember anything.

In fact, it was that day where everything went right. Even the things I thought would go awry still went to my favor.

I still remember her pretty laugh and her bright eyes from that day vividly, especially the moment she surprised me with that kiss on my cheek. Unknowingly, I already have my hand raised to my face touching the area where Lisa's lips were previously been.