twenty five | gifts

A/N: I'm really sorry guys for that mini hiatus that happened... I hate making excuses but there were some personal issues I had to deal with and year 2 nursing is so stressful I literally have at least one mental breakdown every night. I kid you not, I sat down every night trying to write this chapter piece by piece but sometimes I'm just not in the right emotional state to do so... Thank you guys for being patient.

Previously on Love at First Stop:

Three dates until Lisa and Jungkook can officially be together (finally!), that was the agreement. With only the third date left, it should be smooth sailing for the couple. But with Jungkook growing more suspicious of Taehyung by the day, and with Euhna's threat hanging above Lisa's head, just what kind of predicament could the duo find themselves in?

✽✽✽

Jungkook

If it weren't for the subtle sounds of the engine and the soft hum of the radio, the both of us would've been suffocating in silence. Driving through the streets of Seoul, the city lights dimly lit Lisa's troubled face. Occasionally glancing to her side, I saw her eyebrows furrowed deep in thought.

Finally arriving at the front of her building, I expected the sudden break to wake her up from her reverie, but to my surprise, she continued to gaze somewhere far away.

"Are you alright, Lisa?" Because of my sudden question, she jolted out of her thought and looked back at me startled.

"Sorry about that." She scratched her head and smiled sheepishly for being caught spacing out. Looking at her curiously, she suddenly hit my arm.

"Hey! Why did you hit me?" In the mood to tease her, I playfully pouted and overexaggerated the pain despite the lightness of her smack.

"Because you kept looking at me weirdly." She giggled and just like a breath of fresh air, her missing smile was brought back to replace her troubled face from earlier.

Meaning to question her about Euhna the whole time, I decided to hold back wanting to preserve her smile as long as possible.

Tilting my head, I felt the sides of my mouth tug into a small smile. A lamp post above our vehicle, I almost gasped in surprise to see the soft shadows present in her features.

As if seeing her in a different light, I couldn't help but admire her beauty. The soft crinkle of her eyes and to the way it sparkled that was only unique to her.

Nearing two years of knowing her, the same tingly feeling I felt the first saw her sleeping on the bus, never left. Losing myself in her gaze, unexpectedly, the sounds of bells ringing filled my auditory.

Ringing bells? This could only mea—

"You're doing it again." She mumbled shyly. Calming my rapid thumps, I suddenly became way too aware of the small box inside my pocket. Making sure the expensive object was still inside, I patted the outside of my jeans.

Reverting my attention back to her, I watched her tucking a stray hair behind her hear. Doing so, I caught sight of her wrist decorated with the same silver chain we won at the amusement park two years ago—only this time, worn out and about to fall apart.

"I can't believe you're still wearing this." I reached for her delicate wrist and touched the bracelet.

"It holds sentimental value, okay?" Recalling a fond memory, she beamed and let out a small laugh. "It's the first and only gift I received from Justin Seagull."

"Justin Seagull? That guy! I heard he's pretty good-looking."

"Eh... He's alright, he kind off has a big nose." She snickered and played along. Before I got to respond to her teasing, her eyes widened after have caught sight of the time.