thirty | rude awakening

DISCLAIMER: since I have not updated in 2 years, I understand, most of the loose ends i'm trying to wrap up are going to be overlooked! Since it's a bit unrealistic to ask you guys to reread this whole story, I do highly recommend at least rereading, chapter 15-17, 22, 24, 25, 28, 29! (LOL I know sorry guys don't hate me)

✽✽✽

A WEEK LATER, ASAN MEDICAL CENTRE

Lisa

Please don't hurt me...

I didn't do anything wrong 

"Get the fuck out of his life!"

Let me go...

Lisa!

After hearing my name yelled by an awfully familiar voice, the rest of my surroundings started to dissolve as if consciousness is pulling me out of the madness. Slowly resurfacing, the sound beeping machines and the smell of hand sanitizer filled my senses.

"Someone call the doctor!" I heard someone say while I tried to open my eyes. Wincing at the bright lights, my vision continued to adjust to my surroundings.

Able to make out blurry faces, I saw a few figures hover over me.

"OMO, Lisa, you're awake!" A girl's voice that unmistakably belonged to Rosé. 

Blinking harder, she was finally able to see Jennie and Jisoo looking at her with happy glassy eyes.

"W-where am I?" I croaked. Suddenly aware of the roughness of my throat, it felt like I haven't spoken for days. 

Realizing how rude I was to keep lying down on my bed, I attempted to get up. Feeling a pain shooting up to my head immediately, I dropped back to my pillow.

"Take it easy... You're still recovering from your head injury." Hearing Jennie's comment, I felt the bandages wrapping around my forehead. "And regarding your question earlier, you've been in the hospital for one week."

"Yeah, you've been unconscious that whole time until right now." Rosé piped in.

Hearing the ongoing revelations after one and another, I took in the sight of machines beeping and the numerous lines hooked unto my skin. Eyeing the changing statistics on the screen, I figured it was a way to monitor my vital signs. 

Man, this is a lot to take in.

Watching the whole scene before her,  the Blackpink's manager, started to notice my growing discomfort. "Girls! Lisa has only been awake for a few minutes, don't distress her." She intervened.

"Ah! Mianhe!" The girls said in unison. Seeing my friends worry about me, I sent them a soft smile to ease their panic, an attempt to console them. Thankfully it worked as their tense shoulders dropped.

Still slowly regaining reality, I broke out of my thoughts due to the knock on the door. Curious of the sound, all the occupants of the room looked towards its direction.

"Ah, sorry I don't mean to interrupt, but I'm Dr. Kim. I understand our patient has finally woken up?" The physician spoke. He was then followed by a few nurses who I assumed to have been responsible for my care as well.

Just as he entered, he beamed at me.

"Hi, Ms. Manoban." He put out a hand for me to shake, which I then gladly accepted. "I'm your doctor that has been taking care of this past week. We'll just going to assess some things, if that's alright with you?" I nodded at his request.