thirty two | new york minute

A/N: Phew... I know last chapter was kinda a heavy one LOL so here's probs one of the shortest chapter I have written for this story for a break 

✽✽✽

2021, New York

Lisa

"Hope you're having fun NY!" I read the text message I just received. I smiled once I realized it was from Taehyung.

An unlikely friend I found in the past years. We update each other of our lives once in a while. Regardless of him happily dating someone — whom he has yet to introduce me to, Tae has never failed to be supportive in every decision I make.

Putting away my phone, I looked up to the clear blue sky. I smiled just as I felt the warmth of the sun on my skin.

In contrast to the city of Seoul, New York was something I have yet to get used to still. Despite having arrived five days prior, wandering around the city still felt like a daunting task.

As well, just the sheer length and number of the buildings everywhere was enough to keep my neck sore for a good week. 

"Ah! Yeppeuda!" I muttered as I grabbed my camera to capture the scene before me. It was the entrance of the Metropolitan Museum for Art, in short, The Met. After snapping my picture, I looked through my viewfinder and marvelled at the other sights I've been to.

Already visited the major sightseeing spots such as the Time Square and Empire State Building, I planned to spend a majority of my day inside the museum.

Fixing my newly-cut short hair that was messed up by the breeze, I sat down in one of the steps of the staircase.

Due to the recent ending of a global pandemic, there was still a few Americans wearing mask for their safety. This occurrence has led me to blend in the crowd since wearing masks seemed to be the norm everywhere. The last thing I needed was someone spotting me here in the States alone.

After having Blackpink's group comeback last year, it was followed by Jisoo's and Rose's solo projects. After that busy period, YG gave us our well-earned vacation. Other than me, the girls are currently at Jennie's hometown in New Zealand while I decided to have my own solo trip.

It was a difficult request to be approved by the company, letting an idol go on a trip by themselves. After considering how busy I will be because of my upcoming solo at the end of this year, they ended up granting my well-needed free time.

Not to mention, YG Sajangnim isn't in charge anymore and was replaced by someone else, so some rules are less strict.

Outsiders would probably be confused as to why I didn't spend my vacation with my family. Well, that may be because not everyone knew about the rock bottom I experienced years ago.

Being forced to promote DDU-DU DDU-DU and Kill This Love while all I wanted was cry myself to sleep, I have not had any time to heal and make peace with my broken heart.

"It's over."

I winced at the memory.

They say first loves never die, the fact I'm still grimacing at the every thought of him proves that fact. With this trip I just hope to minimize his hold on me even just for a little bit.

Since then, I only used the Internet sparingly due to the news of Jungkook and Eunha so I have not heard further information on them.

Ever since that day when I went to BTS's dorms for an explanation, it was the last time I had contact with Jungkook. Recalling that moment, I clutched my chest due to heaviness I was suddenly feeling.

Blinking away my thoughts, I was caught off-guard by a person who passed by.

He didn't possess features that called immediate attention. Yet for some unexplainable reason, my heated gaze was glued unto his figure. 

His dark hair and eyes were left undisguised and was wearing all dark grey. The puzzle pieces fitting together, I was left dumbstruck to my spot.

Jungkook?

Standing up in disbelief, just then, he went through a small corner, causing him to be briefly hidden by the bushes. Instead of emerging on the other side, he disappeared.

Craning my neck for a better look, Jungkook's doppelgänger was nowhere to be seen.

Lisa, get it together! This is the time for soul searching, not Jungkook searching!

Shaking my head, I gathered my stuff and brushed off the dust on my jeans. "Man... I must be going crazy to be even imagining Jungkook to be here..."

Realizing I have exhausted my time sitting around in the entrance, I searched for my ticket into the museum. Heading up the stairs, I continued to clear my mind and filling it with excitement of  what I'm about to see inside.

"Miss, your ticket please?" The clerk asked prompting me to hand mine in.

---

"So we will be entering the Asian Art portion of our tour..." I heard the tour guide happily announce for the group of tourists she was guiding today.

I strongly considered joining the group but I preferred to experience the museum at my own pace today. 

Seeing another piece of artwork that caught my eye, I pulled out my film camera and zoomed into my subject. About to snap my photo, the Jungkook look-a-like's dark hair came into view.

Not falling for it the second time, I tapped my camera for damages. "It's either my camera is becoming faulty or it really is my eyes that has a problem." I muttered in annoyance. I rubbed my eyes hoping it'll help my situation.

Looking back at the spot, I realized the person didn't disappear this time but was now staring back at me taunting me to watch him carefully. Achieving his goal, I saw him turn to a corner. 

My legs growing a mind of its own, I started to follow him at towards the same corner he disappeared to. Arriving at the new area, I immediately saw him glance at me before cutting to the next hall.

The wild goose chase continued on for quite some time before I lost sight of the person I was pursuing.

Taking my time to catch my breath, I finally realized I was at a dark alley of the museum. Before I could even have the chance to freak out about being lost, I felt a hand grab my arm and I was pulled in an even more secluded area.

Feeling the warmth of another body in front of me, I looked up and was greeted by the same gaze I was chasing after this whole time.

'Hey, Lisa..." 

✽✽✽

A/N: DW guys, Jungkook's perspective is next up! But yeah, I've always wanted to put a time skip in this story but felt weird to go that far into the future so I never did it. BUT since I haven't updated in a long time and its already 2020 i said why the heck not.