sixteen | lock and key

A/N: OMG GUYS LIKE WTF THIS STORY SURPASSED 20K! IM HONESTLY SO GRATEFUL FOR ALL OF U IM LEGIT SO BLESSED TO HAVE THE BEST READERS EVER! <3 *5 million virtual finger hearts for everyone*

AHHAA before this author's note get too long because of me just thanking you guys, here's chapter 16 yoooo!

✽✽✽

Lisa

"Mâe! If you don't let go in the next thirty seconds, I'll miss my flight!" I teased my mother who was on the verge of tearing up after just swearing that she wouldn't cry anymore.

"What if that's exactly what I'm trying to do?" My mom replied while she loosened her hold on me. She fixed my bangs and stared at me fondly. "Make sure to get lots of rest, okay? And don't eat all the food I packed! Those are for your friends."

"Yes, mâe." I gave her one last big smile before she passed me to my stepdad, who I loved as if he was my real father.

"Lalisa, dear. Don't listen to your mother, eat all of it!" He joked after pulling me into a tight hug. Almost immediately, his light-hearted expression changed into a stern look. "And don't forget what we talked about, okay? No datin—"

"Mhmm!" I replied hastily, not wanting to hear another lecture from him unfold. "I'm going to miss my flight, I better get going! Love you, guys!"

Despite my obvious avoidance of the topic, my parents just shrugged it off and let me go. Not lying about the fact that I was running late, I headed to the entrance.

My stepdad was never really the protective type growing up. But I guess, since my birthday into adulthood was nearing, he felt the need to warn his only daughter of such things.

"NO BOYFRIEND TILL MARRIAGE!" I chuckled as I remembered my stepdad's sudden outburst over the dinner table the other night. My mother and my aunts were bombarding me questions about my love life causing distress to the sixty-year-old man.

Man... Hopefully, he doesn't get a heart attack when he finds out about Jungkook.

Sending one last wave to the Thai fans who came out to see me before I left, I proceeded to check-in.

---

"Welcome to Gimpo International Airpo" I heard the announcer's voice fill the expanse of the airport before I stepped outside. With my phone against my ear, I continued walking ahead until I stopped in front of the pick-up and drop-off section of the airport.

"Yeobose—"

"Sorry! I can't be on the phone right now. Just leave a messa" I ended the call as I listened to my Sangwon unnie's voicemail once again. Fully disguised away from the suspecting civilians, I waited for the ride I was promised that'll pick me up after landing.

In frustration, I slumped down to my luggage as it was the place where I could sit. Adjusting the cap I was wearing, I sighed in defeat.

Did they forget that I was supposed to arrive today?

Attempting to call my manager once again, I suddenly spot a van approaching. Filling up with hope, I stood up immediately as it was headed my way. To my dismay, the vehicle drove past me and sprinkled mud all over my clothes.

When the van stopped, a snotty looking girl stepped outside. The thinness of her stilettos and the expensiveness of her clothes screamed: "I got a rich boyfriend who's old enough to be my dad."

Her sunglassed face turned to me and snickered at my misfortune. She gave me a once-over and judged the plainness of my attire—which, in my opinion, was very appropriate for traveling compared to her high heels and skin-tight dress.