Hello

"Ash? Hello?" Said Alysa, snapping her fingers in my face.
     I looked up at her and my attention was drawn to the chaos that was erupting at our table, as usual. Sophia, Joseph, and Rianna were screaming their heads off, arguing about who knows what, while Nathan, Caleb, Tyler, and Alysa were trying to keep some sense of calm by talking about prom together. Apparently she was asking me something while I was zoning out, thinking about my next class.
     "Sorry what?" I said
     "Well I was asking if you had a date for prom yet, because Sophia was talking about us all going as a group earlier, and maybe we could all go dress shopping together. What do you think?" Said Alysa.
     I smiled. "That sounds awesome. You in Rianna?"
     "YOU ARE A SEXIST, MISOGYNISTIC , BASTAR--" she yelled, pointing at Jo.
  "Okk, what about you Sophia?" I chuckled nervously.
  "FINE." She screamed shortly before getting back up in Joe's face. I'd be concerned, but this wasn't anything unusual for our group.
  "So none of y'all have dates?" I asked.
  Just as Caleb was about to speak up, Alysa spoke up saying, "Actually I don't have a date yet but I don't really mind" and Caleb shut his mouth. I raised my eyebrows and his face turns bright red and he looks away. Caleb has had a non-discreet, big crush on Alysa for the last few months, and he's only confided in me about it. Part of me feels bad because it's a little pitiful when he talks about it, but most of me finds it amusing because he's a moron.
      "IM WITH TYLER!" Rianna yelled.
     "No shit Rianna," I said laughing and rolling my eyes. "Well maybe the rest of us can just go as a group of friends."
"Ahhh, sounds just like middle school." Said Joseph rolling his eyes.

********

A few days later, me and all the girls were planning on going shopping that weekend. Today was Friday and we just finished eating lunch and we're walking around outside the quad, waiting for the bell when Caleb ran in front of us and stopped everyone.
"Er, I'm gonna- well- er, shit okay," he took a deep breath, and closed his eyes. He scratched the back of his head with one hand awkwardly and opened his eyes again. "Alysa do you wanna go to prom with me?"
I looked back and forth between Alysa and Caleb for what felt like forever and Alysa had her mouth gaping and eyes wide with shock.
"Um well I don't know. You mean as friends....?" Alysa asked, playing with her fingers.
"Oh, well, uh if that's what you want sure." He said with an awkward crooked smile.
"Well, okay yeah we can go together." Said Alysa, red in the face and with a nervous smile.
I heard Rianna cough obnoxiously loud and I slapped her arm before she could speak.
I smirked at Caleb and he was beaming.
"Okay nice show Romeo, but we gotta get to class."