Catching Waves And Feelings

I woke up the next morning to the smell of berries, pancakes, and bacon. I stood up after a few minutes and I left the tent.
    "Well good morning, Sleeping Beauty." Caleb smirked and I threw my slipper at him.
    "I love what you did with your hair." Rianna said, ruffling it and smiling a huge grin.
    "I just woke up. Fuck off." I grunted. I smoothed down the tangled mess in my head until I gave up and threw it into a messy bun.
"That's even more beautiful." Caleb mocked me.
"Shut up she's hotter like this then you'll ever be like that." Sophia said walking out of the tent and grabbing a plate.
I made a face and was about to protest but Caleb responded first and soon they got into an argument and I just shrugged and walked to the small stove. I took a small pancake and some berries and sat down on the cool sand. The sun was just up so I was guessing it was around 6 or 7. I have no idea why I was up this early.
Jo plopped down next to me. I glanced at his plate and then made a face at him and shook my head.
"Good God what now." Jo said sarcastically.
"You have more bacon then IQ." I said with attitude.
"Did you take extra bitchy pills this morning?" He snipped back.
"Did you forget to take the stick out of your ass?"
"No I think you still have it when you borrowed it from me."
"I threw it away after no one would stab me in the eyes."
"Why would you want to stab your  eyes?"
"So I don't have to look at you."
"OOOO ARE WE DOING A ROAST?" Rianna screamed excitedly.
"NO!" Me and Joseph screamed in unison, remembering how it went last time.
Rianna popped out her lip and pouted, plopping down on the sand as well.
After everyone sat down, we all started eating and talking about our plans.
"Who knows how to surf?" Noah asked suddenly.
"I do." Jayden said.
"Me too." Tyler said.
"Ai." Bryce said.
"Mmhmm." Jo mumbled.
"So I'm the only guy that doesn't know how to surf." Caleb muttered. Nathan shook his head and shrugged sadly.
"No only the girls don't know how to surf." Sophia said with her arms crossed.
"Ohh." Caleb nodded, grinning. He took five seconds to realize it and his smile fell and they glared at Sophia as we laughed.
"Ok so we'll teach you guys how to surf." Noah said, winking.
After we finished our breakfast, some of us had surf boards so they grabbed them while we changed into our swimsuits.
We all met back on the shore after 15 minutes to get started and assigned each other partners.
"Ok partners are Jo and Sophia. Noah and Ashlyn. Jayden and Alysa. Rianna and I. Caleb and Nathan, you just figure it out till the rest of us are done k?" Tyler listed off fast. Nathan and Caleb rolled their eyes as we snickered.
"You two don't go crazy." Sophia smirked between Caleb and Nathan. Caleb paled about 50 shades whiter.
   I trudged into the water and Noah followed behind me along with everyone else. We kinda broke off into our little groups.
   "Ok so the first thing you do is get on the board." Noah instructed as we waded into the waist deep water.
    I blinked at him. "Really." I deadpanned. "I thought I was supposed to hit myself over the head with it." I muttered sarcastically.
    He laughed and nudged me while holding the board still. "Just get on you weirdo."
    I climbed on and laid flat on my stomach.
    "Ok. Ok....ok! Stop wiggling around and lay still!"
    "I'm trying to find my balance!"
    "Ok whatever. Im gonna hold the board and I'll tell you how to tell the good waves. Then by I'll show you how to stand up and hold onto the board while you ride one."
    "Yes sir." I saluted.
    He rolled his eyes and glided the board farther out in the water.
I looked around, propping myself on my elbows and stomach.
"Rianna. Love. It's not that hard. You stand and ride the wave. Keep your balance. One foot in front of the other." Tyler said gently and trying to keep his patience.
"FOR GOD SAKES WOMAN YOU STAND ON THE FUCKING BOARD AND YOU STAY STANDING QUIT FALLING AND SCREAMING AT ME." I heard from Jo and Sophia. I looked over to see them screaming at each other and laughed.
    I rested my head on my arms and tilted my head up to looked at Noah. He was staring way too intently at the water ahead, scouting for waves.
    "Whatcha thinking about Mr. Playboy?" I said teasingly.
    He looked down and squinted. "Do I look like a bunny wearing man whore to you?" He asked.
    I giggled and shook my head. "I'm teasing. But why do you look so intense?"
    He sighed. "I don't know. I guess I'm nervous about school. Stanford is pretty intimidating."
"Come on, Noah you're obviously very smart you'll be fine. Plus this is your second year."
     "Yeah it was just...it was hard my freshman year too." He said. I stared at him in thought for a moment, but he kept his eyes forward. He shrugged and glanced at me. Then back at the water.
"You sure there's nothing on your mind? You're acting kinda distant."
"Up."
"What?"
"Stand up, stand up! There's a wave."
I started shrieking and quickly scrambled to my feet excitedly. I stood and my legs shook as I tried to keep my balance centered on the board, so Noah placed his hands on my calves as a medium sized wave came by and pushed me forward at a slow speed. I laughed and looked around.
"Look I'm surfing!" I screamed happily.
"Don't go too crazy." Noah chuckled.
A big gust of wind suddenly pushed me like I ran into a wall and I slipped backwards and fell.
Noah caught me by the waist and the water rose to our chests as another wave passed. I looked at him and we both laughed.
My laughing faded and I was just staring at him when he looked at me intensely. He brushed my hair away from my face and started leaning in. Red lights went off in my head, but I was too petrified to move.
"YOU CRAZY BASTARD." Sophia suddenly screamed out of nowhere behind me, making me jump and spin around. She was screaming at Jo with wide eyes and he has his hands over his ears and looked like he wanted to drown himself.
I sighed in relief that she wasn't yelling at me and turned back to Noah, who turned back to me too. He gave a small smile and pulled me to him in a tight hug.
He mumbled something into my hair that I would never hear.