The Worst

After some planning and more talking we all went our separate ways home. When I got home hung my keys by my desk and was greeted by my grandma.
"Hey honey, how did shopping go?" she asked her amazing blue eyes lighting up. I always was amazed by my grandma. She's been through the worst hell and she's always been put together and positive. She always worked hard so she could try spoil us, but behind it all, I knew she struggled and was under a lot of pressure, and I felt guilty about doing that to her.
"It was really fun actually," I said grabbing a salad out of the fridge.
"That's great..." She said trailing off like she was going to say something.
At that point I knew she was going to ask something that I didn't want brought up. "What is it grandma?" I said looking at her.
She paused a second before saying, "I saw your dad today," I tensed a split second and shifted my weight. "He asked where you were... he hasn't seen you in a while and he wants to take you out to do something."
I didn't say anything for a while and I shoved down whatever feelings I felt. She stared at me and I sighed and looked at her. "If he really wanted to do something with me, he would've done it the first time he asked 10 years ago." I said with a hollow laugh shaking my head, continuing to eat.
Grandma sighed sadly. "Ashlyn why can't you—"She said
"Because I don't want to." I interrupted.
"I just want you to get along." Grandma said.
"I don't want to talk about him at all" I said as I put my bowl in the sink and walked to my room. I texted Alysa.

Hey is it ok I come over?
Yeah, everything ok?
I'm Fine. Mum ok with it?
Of course. You need a ride?
No, thanks.

I sat down at my desk with my head down for a few minutes to cool down before I stood up, grabbed my keys and phone and went to grandma. Her door was mostly closed and I looked in and saw her sitting on her bed, typing on her computer, with no expression on her face.
I sighed and knocked and she looked at me.
"Um I was gonna go to Alysa's if that's ok?" I asked.
She hesitated before saying, "I guess sweetheart. Have fun, love you."
"Love you too"

*******

I spent the night at Alysa's and the next day was school. We drove together in my truck and pulled into the high school. We got out and met up with our friends. Rianna was sitting on Tyler's lap and talking with him and kissed him on the cheek. I smiled and talked with Jo, Sophia, and Alysa. Caleb walked up and threw his arm over Alysa's shoulders and she elbowed him in the gut.
"Owwwww! What the hell!" Said Caleb doubled over.
Alysa shrugged while smirking, "Sorry," she said, not looking sorry at all while we all burst out laughing.
"Oi, Caleb. You whine like a girl man up." Rianna yelled as he shot her a pained glare.
As we all started walking off to class I caught up with Alysa and leaned over. "What was that back there?" I whispered.
She smiled innocently and shrugged and I raised my eyebrows.
"Alysa come on. He asked you out, you said yes, he might be doing stuff like putting his arm around you."
She slapped my arm. I rolled my eyes    "We're only going as friends it's unnecessary"
      If your uncomfortable with it just tell him. He's pathetic but he'll understand."
She groaned and smacked her head on my shoulder.
I laughed and pat her head. "There, there."