Life In Thirty Seconds

Bryce

   "What's up man

"What's up man. I'm Caleb. These guys are Nathan, Joseph, and Tyler." Caleb said pointing to each of them.
   "The fuck. Just call me Jo." Jo said, rolling his eyes at Caleb for the formal name.
    "Nice to meet you guys." Bryce replied smiling widely.
    "And I'm Ashlyn. You can call me Ash if you want. These are the girls, Alysa, Rianna, and Sophia." They all said hi as I pointed to each of them and his eyes lingered on Rianna, something flashing in his eyes so quickly I almost missed it.
     "Well we were just swimming and stuff so come on." Alysa said.
     "I brought the football." Noah said with a bright grin as he threw a football at me. I surprisingly caught it instinctively and ran to the water, laughing.
     Everyone followed and we gathered in a blob thing, playing catch in the water.
     I saw Sophia talking with Bryce and I chuckled to myself. I knew she had a thing for Asian guys.
     He looked really friendly and nice, but he didn't look interested in her like that. In fact to my surprise I kept finding him casting quick glances at Rianna, who was was on Tyler's shoulders, both laughing while Nathan threw the ball at them.
     "Are they hitting it off?" Noah chuckled, suddenly appearing at my side with one of those travel cups with wine in it. He nodded his head toward Sophia and Bryce and I laughed lightly.
     "Not in the way you think. Look at you Mr. fancy man." I smirked, glancing at the wine in his hand.
     "Have you ever even had alcohol?" He asked with a smirk.
     "Yes. Of course I have you nimrod. I just don't fancy getting drunk on a beach." I stuttered, glaring.
     "Here." He said handing me the cup.
     "No thanks. Someone needs to stay sober. Last time, Sophia and Joseph got into a fight about socks while Rianna chased a seagull for 20 minutes, while Alysa wailed for half an hour about how her, 'feet were too narrow'." I said making quotation marks as he laughed.
     "You're such a nerd." He grinned rolling his eyes. "Come on share with me."
I looked at the cup in his hands and hesitantly reached for it. I finally sighed as I tipped my head back and drank some.
"Oh look at the good girl getting a little bad." He laughed as I glared.
"Here hold this." I said shoving the cup back in his hand. He was caught a little off guard and I punched him in the abs. He made some weird noise and I flicked my hair over my shoulder. I didn't like when people talked down to me in any way or portrayed me in a demeaning way. I always had an issue with it, and he needed to be put in his place, and remember where he stood. We were best friends. We were hardly friends, and he was a stranger. He doesn't just get to be all pretty and think he runs the world. Men.
I smiled sweetly and turned around, walking toward Bryce, who was laughing with Alysa and Jayden.
"Whatcha guys doin?" I asked smiling as I approached.
They all looked at me with wide eyes.
"Nothing." They all said in unison.
I squinted and tilted my head up. "You were talking about me."
"No!" Alysa squeaked a little too quickly. I almost laughed.
"Don't tell him anything bad. As far as he knows I'm a good person." I said sarcastically.
They all just grinned innocently, and I rolled my eyes.
After a few more hours of playing in the water and stuff the sun was starting to set, casting a beautiful orange glow to the sky.
We decided to bust out the games and Rianna pulled a box of jumbo twister out of her duffel and I laughed.
"Ok yeah let's do this!" I laughed.
We spread out the game on the floor but then Rianna surprised me and pulled out bottles of paint.
     "What're you doing?" Caleb asked.
     "Playing Twister, Caleb." Rianna replied.
     "No shit Rianna." Caleb rolled his eyes. "I meant the paint."
     "That color is called yellow, Caleb."
     "I don't even know why I talk at all." He muttered, shaking his head.
"That is how humans communicate, Caleb."
He opened his mouth and closed it before turning around and walking away.
     After we got everything set up, Tyler decided to be the one spinning since he twisted his ankle in the water wrestling I guess.
"Right foot red, love."
"I heard you. I got red babe." Rianna said sipping a cup of red wine.
    "Are you an alcoholic or something?" Noah blurted out. I snorted a laugh and Rianna kicked him in the back from her position.
"Maybe this isn't the best game to be playing when your drunk..." Bryce said, chuckling.
"Oh please I'm at my best drunk." She scoffed clearly a little tipsy. We were all a complete mess, covered in different colors from the twister board and it was hard not to slip.
"Tell that to the Royal Barbados Police." Jo muttered rolling his eyes. She threw her empty cup at him and it made a hollow noise as it bounced off his head.
"Bite me." She spat shortly. Jo smirked and she kicked his leg, causing him to lose balance, before he could say anything.
"Tyler please spin the frickin wheel." Alysa interrupted.
"Ok, ok. Uhhh right foot green."
I had to do a weird back bend position to maneuver around Rianna and Sophia.
"Hey, hey. Noah remember. Remember when you told me you thought she was h—" Jayden laughed before Noah slapped his mouth.
"Shut UP Jayden." Noah growled. I tried turning my head to see what was happening but everything was upside down and so I laughed with everyone else.
"So is there something I should know here?" Bryce asked, confused.
"Oh there is so much you should know here." Rianna muttered, laughing her ass off. Sophia snorted a laugh until I kicked her shin.
"Ok let's see if I can cover it in thirty seconds." Rianna said straightening up and taking a sip of wine. "Time me bitch. Ok Caleb and Alysa in middle school it lasted like three days and then he kept pining for her like a pathetic schoolgirl. Nathan and Ashlyn in middle school for like three weeks. Now he's a whipped friendzoned bitch who ain't got a girlfriend for like five years. Me and Tyler have been together since he made out with me in a closet and now we do other things in a closet. OKAY, then there's Jo and Sophia and we have no idea what's happening with them because it's like Draco and Hermione they hate each other but if they were together it'd be kinda hot. Then there's Noah and Ashlyn. He's trying to get with all that and she friendzoned his ass the second he breathed in her direction and that whole thing with Jayden and Alysa is kinda like Mars. Maybe there's something there maybe not but we're all just kinda confused as hell. DONE!" She screamed throwing her arms up, talking really quickly. She took a few deep breaths while everyone started arguing about her claims.
"Well this sounds like a very...complicated group." Bryce said, grinning and running a hand through his hair.
"Bitch you don't know fun till you hang with us." Rianna said.
"And I did not 'pine like a pathetic school girl'." Caleb interjected, crossing his arms.
"What do you mean 'whipped'?" I asked Rianna, referring to her comment about Nathan. "I am NOT that mean to him." I said rolling up from my awkward back bend position.
"Do you even know what whipped means, princess?" Sophia asked, giggling.
I shrugged. "Like I'm mean to him and order him around."
"Aww sweet child." She cooed, ruffling my hair and I squinted. I shook my head. "And Noah does NOT like me." I crossed my arms.
"Oh sweetie you wouldn't know a boy liked you if he hit you in the face with a frying pan that said 'I LIKE YOU'." Alysa said patting my shoulder, snickering, and I rolled my eyes.
"Well for the record if a boy likes you I don't think they express it by hitting you in the face with a pan."
"Just an example."
"What the fuck kind of boys are you dating." Jo asked looking at her with an eyebrow raised.
It was silent for a couple seconds while we all just stared at each other.
"And me and Sophia are NOT like Draco and Hermione." Jo spoke up defensively.
We all looked at each other and bursted out laughing until we were on the floor basically crying.