Guys

It was less then a month before prom, but I couldn't care less that I still didn't have a date. I was 18 years old and all through highschool I never had a boyfriend, but thats just because being so focused on getting done with school and marching band, I've never cared or had time (and I'm just that cool huh). Anyways, I was walking to lunch and I sat down with Caleb, Joe, Tyler, Nathan.
     "Hey guys," I said.
     "What?" They replied.
     There was a moment of silence among all of us but it wasn't uncomfortable. "Ok," I said as I put my apple down. "Do any of you have dates?" I  asked in a hushed voice.
     "I have a beautiful date" Tyler said with a boyish smile.
  I smiled. Rianna and Tyler have been saying since as long as I can remember, and they were so in love...it just seemed perfect. Then I looked at Caleb who was looking quite smug.
     "And what is up with your face Caleb?" I said
     "I finally got Alysa to say yes to me. Of all people and-"
     "Yes and we all know. We think she can do better right guys." I said holding up my arms, as he threw his empty milk at me. I slapped it and kicked him under the table.
     "Well this is all new to me. I've been to a dance but not with her before and I don't know how to act. Your like her freaky sister twin...do you think you could help me?" He said.
     "With what?" I said with my mouth full.
     "Well like how to act, what to wear, how to be a gentlemen--"
     "You seriously want lessons on common courtesy and manners from me?" I said "Itd be better for you if you get a book on that, or for God's sake ask Tyler. He's such a gentleman to Rianna it makes me hate myself," I said.
     "What?" Tyler said.
     "Oh—nothing. But actually something, your such a gentleman for Rianna."
     He looked at me smirking and leaned back in his chair. "Guilty." He chuckled. "But believe me, when night comes, I'm definitely not a GENTLE man if you know-"
"LALALALA. Geez bro come on TMI." I said throwing my hands up. He shrugged and grinned.
     I rolled my eyes and pointed at Caleb, "You. Go to him for help. And you guys have been really quiet."
     "Well we both don't have dates," said Jo.
     "I know, Joe. Who did you have in mind?" I said, turning to Nathan.
     "What?" Nathan said.
     "Well there has to be someone your interested in asking, soooo, who is it?"
     They looked between each other uncomfortably and shifted in their seats. "Well... no offense, but we'd rather not say. We just don't know how to ask them." Nathan said.
     "Ok don't tell me. Are you doing the big ask or are you keeping it downplayed?"
     "I was just thinking about getting her a rose or something." Said Nathan, shrugging like an idiot.
     I rubbed my temples. "Well ok but it's so....cliche. Get to know the things she likes and buy her a necklace or something with the thing that she likes on it. Simple."
     "Simple" He mumbled, sarcastically.
     "Jo." I said, startling him. I laughed, "Dude chill." He glared at me while I kept laughing.
     "Ok, ok, sorry. So this mystery girl." He stopped chewing. "I don't need to know who she is, assuming it's a she yes?" He narrowed his eyes and I put my hands up. "Ok ok, so would you like any help from a master?"
     "You'd think a master would have a date herself." He replied.
     "Ouch..." Tyler said.
     "Touché." I glared. Then at that moment all the girls finally got to lunch.