Graduation Part 3

It seems like there's always those little moments that ruin even the greatest moments. Even just a vague memory. It doesn't have to be anything big to someone else, but to you it could make your whole heart feel like it's breaking.
      You can smile.
      You can laugh.
      You can fake as much as you want. Most people will believe it, because you've been doing it your whole life. But there's those few people that will stop and turn.
      Because only the people who love you most can see when your truly quiet.
      Every single happy occasion can turn blue when we finally stop take a look around and see who's not there.

      "Grandma? Where's dad?" I asked slowly.
      A flash of sadness crosses her eyes so fast I almost miss it. She slowly breaths in and tries to think how to begin. "Sweetheart... he wanted to come. He couldn't make it though...he couldn't get a flight...Im sorry."
      I hesitated for a second and I honestly don't know why I felt a little sad at that moment because I was used to that shit, I guess.
      I smiled at her. "No, it's fine. It's not your fault." And with that I stand up, and walk over to sit with Rianna and Alysa.
      Rianna looks up from her phone. "Hey what's up mate?"
      "Nothin,"
      "No, I mean you look like someone just kicked your puppy. What's up with your face?" She asked
I laughed. "Nothing, I'm fine." I glanced at Alysa who was looking at me too. My smile faltered slightly. "Why are you staring at me...?"
They glanced between each other before shrugging and mumbling something. "Are you writing your story?" I asked Rianna, sipping from my flute glass.
"I'm updating Camping," she said (read thedrummer120 stories, they have awesome cliffhangers lol)
"Cool. Do you guys know what we're doing tonight?"
"I think we're all going to dinner at CPK." Alysa said.
"CHICKEN." Rianna cheered, and we laughed.
We all left about a half hour later because it was getting boring. We all drove in our separate cars with our families and I noticed grandma took the wrong exit.
"Grandma the restaurant's that way," I said looking around.
"I know, we're going to a different restaurant though."
"IM BEING KIDNAPPED," I fake freaked out.
"We're going to chop you up and your on the first plane to Alaska on the black market." Jacob said rubbing his hands together and grinning like a maniac.
       "Ha-ha, but seriously where are we going?"
       "We're going to the same restaurant but a different location since the one at the town center is a bit small for all of our families." She explained.
        "Oh I see." I said as I clicked on my phone and started reading Rianna's update. We drove for what felt like a long time, and I finally looked up and saw we were in Kaneohe.
         I found it strange but I was too lazy to ask grandma why we were going so far, so I rested my chin on my hand and gazed out the window at the green of the trees. I then realized we were driving right next to Alysa and her family's car. I got an idea and texted her.
Race? I texted with a smirking emoji.
Your goin down!
       She smirked at me through the window she tapped her parents shoulders and discussed the situation.
       "Grandma," I said and when she looked at me I pointed to mum and dad in the next car speeding up a little. She grinned wide and caught on quickly, and soon things escalated.
       We obviously didn't race recklessly, we just tried to stay in front of each other, but kept a safe distance and we definitely didn't cut each other off like lunatics, but it was so fun and I laughed so hard there were tears in my eyes.
        We got to the parking lot and me and Alysa jumped out of the car.
        And then the trash talk begun. Even though the entire time we were driving, me and Alysa were texting and calling each other and trash talking so bad, it was cringey, but too funny.
        "Too bad you didn't keep your eyes on that traffic light instead of admiring the winners." She boasted while strutting.
        I laughed tauntingly. "Ha! You think you won. I may be shorter than you, but we're definitely higher on this pedestal." I said as I skipped once and threw my arms in the air gesturing me and grandma. (I know how cringey this is haha. But it's supposed to be bad because we can't trash talk for our lives.)
        She was about to retaliate more but she stopped and looked around. She laughed a little nervously. "Where are we?" I looked around and we were in the parking lot of a Bellows Beach.
        "Grandma, I think you missed the exit for CPK..." I suggested.
        "Ha-ha, no we decided to come here instead" she said ruffling my hair. I hissed and smoothed it.
        "Let's go get a seat under the canopy while we wait for everyone." Mom said walking towards the canopy on the sand that hid behind the trees. We started walking over to the roofed lanai as me and Alysa took the lead talking and joking about our fabulous race.
          Then the lanai came into view and we gasped. "YEEESSSS!" We yelled in deep voices in unison.
          She ran ahead and I jogged after her. I finally got to the edge of the concrete flooring, and looked at the canopy. It was a huge party space that was decorated beautifully with ocean blue, silver, and pearly white decorations. There was an area with trays of steaming fresh foods, and the tables had light pastel blue table cloths, and there was matching plates, napkins, and silverware too. Blue and gold lanterns were lit and hung from the ceilings, and Savage Love played from a stereo. A banner hung across an arch in one of the corners that read "Congratulations 2022 Graduates!" and under that was a table laden with wrapped gifts. It was overall, freaking awesome.
      "THIS IS SO COOL" Rianna exclaimed behind me and I jumped because I didn't notice her arrive. Her among Caleb and Sophia had also just got here with their families. Soon after, everyone else came and looked at the decorations in awe.
      "Who did all this?" I asked mom on the side with a Fresca in my hand.
      She smiled. "Me and dad, your grandma, and Sophia's parents. We were all so proud of you guys, we wanted to give you something to remember it by."
       I beamed and hugged her. I was honestly a little choked up. "Thank you Mum," I said.
       "You're very welcome sweetheart."
       She pulled back and smiled one more time before she went off to find Dad. I went to go find my grandma to say thank you too.
       "Hey I know it's a party but take it easy don't push it okay?" She said, concerned.
       "I'm fine, I'm fine. Just a tiny headache." I said faking a smile. Tiny headache would've been generous. It was lowkey killing me. "Can you please get my meds from the car I think they're in your purse." I said with a pleading grin.
       "Ok I'll be right back." She ran to the car and came back with the bottle and I took them feeling like a child.
        "Thank you," I said and smiled.
        Then I heard a shout across the room, and I looked over and saw a cup of milk in Sophia's hand.
        "YESSSSSS. ROSITAS BACKK" Sophia shouted.  I laughed and walked over to watch this.