Prom

We jumped inside the limo the boys rented (ikr), and drove laughing and joking my eyes landed on Jo while laughing at Sophia's joke, to see he also looked at me with eyebrows raised.
     "What?" I said in between breaths. I shouldn't have laughed that hard.
     "What nothing," he said turning his attention to the guys.
I shrugged and turned back around.
"I SWEAR THEY BETTER HAVE MILK." Said Sophia.
"Oh geez." I mumbled, rolling my eyes.
    "What?" Rianna asked.
    "Nothin."
Tyler grabbed Rianna's hand and pulled her to him and she sat between his legs facing all of us.
"Hey so we haven't really talked about our graduation trip," Rianna said, wiggling her eyebrows.
"What trip?" Asked Jo.
"Right, we didn't tell the boys. Well we decided that after graduation, we're gonna go on a trip to the Caribbean and rent a house on the beach. We're all gonna go right after school ends for the whole summer before we all part ways to college...." I trailed off looking away.
Jo put a hand on my shoulder. "We're gonna be ok. We're all great friends, and we always will be."
"Hey and none of us even know what college we're going to do maybe we can close our eyes and hope for the best, because we're best friends and we love each other and we'd do anything for each other." Said Nathan in a yada yada way.
"Aw...Nathan that was so sweet I might puke." Said Rianna in a sweet voice, fake sticking her finger down her throat.
We all laughed and we pulled into the lot. "Ok, let's bounce."

******

We walked in together and the wind blew our hair back dramatically. We probably looked awesome.
  "We look like losers." Joe said sarcastically, as if he read my mind, and I rolled my eyes laughing.
The loud music was playing Patience and everyone danced in the dimly lit huge room decorated in streamers, balloons, banners, and just about everything to get the party started. It was going to be an amazing night.
"May I have this dance love?" Said Tyler, holding out his hand and bowing as Whatcha Say came on.
"Byyyyeeee losers!" Rianna said winking.
Alysa and Caleb were talking a few feet away and as usual, Sophia and Jo were arguing.
"ASHLYN!" Nathan yelled in my ear.
"Dude," I groaned as I rubbed my ear.
"Did you hear someone spiked the punch?" He said, smirking.
I raised an eyebrow. "Nathan," I said in a stern tone a slow smile spreading across my face.
His eyebrows shot up and he grinned, holding up his hands defensively. "It wasnt me!It was just my job to distract you while they got ready." He said matter-of-factly.
"Uh what? Distract me from what? What's going on?" I stuttered, flustered as I looked around, and when I turned back he was gone and I groaned in frustration.
      Suddenly, I heard Tyler's voice over the loud system.
      "Hello I'm Tyler, this is Nathan, Caleb and Jo," he said pointing to each of them. "This is a song for our girls, they didn't know we were gonna play or else they would've killed us."
       I found Rianna a few feet away, gaping at her boyfriend, and I walked over to her.
       "Ok gotta admit I'm scared."
       I wasn't scared that it wouldn't be good. I knew Tyler was a good singer and could play guitar pretty good too. Nathan also played guitar, Caleb played trumpet, and Joe was an amazing singer. I just didn't know what I was supposed to say to them afterwards because this was a uh...very romantic gesture. The lights all dimmed for a second before shining back to the boys. People were being allowed to perform little things if they wanted, you just had to sign up before hand...and we didn't know that they did.
       "This song is called Hug All Your Friends and we're dedicating this to our uh," he glanced at Tyler and Tyler gave him a look and Joe gritted his teeth and put in a smile. " our wonderful girl friends over there." Joe said red in the face, and putting the mic down. He picked it back up a second later. "By the way there's a space between that. GIRL. SPACE. FRIENDS—OW!" He whined as Tyler licked him in the shin to shut up.
        Nathan and Tyler started playing their guitars, and to my surprise, Caleb sat at the drums. Joe and Tyler had microphones, and they began singing as Nathan strummed his guitar. They all blended together perfectly, creating a beautiful combo that just flowed. I wrapped my pashmina tighter around my shoulders as I felt my face get warm when I locked eyes with Nathan. He grinning his crooked grin and looked back down.
      We just stood there. Dumbfounded and stared at them.
      "I love you, Rianna." said Tyler.
      That seemed to snap Rianna out of it and she jumped on the stage, wrapped her arms around Tyler's neck, and her legs around his waist, and kissed him. I smiled and then I looked over at Alysa who'd just appeared right next to me.
       "Omigod, where'd you come from" I said.
      She said nothing and slowly walked up the stage steps and stood five feet away from Caleb, each staring at each other. Alysa had a blank expression and Caleb just looked dead scared.
        Then she ran up to him, jumped up so she could reach, and hugged him around the neck, and he smiled so big and genuine, it brought joyful tears to my eyes.