(Jefferson/Reader) - What'd I miss? 1

striderbabe

---

Silently walking down the hallway, you - (Y/n) Madison - is one innocent and shy girl. Not to mention, awkward.

You brother, James Madison, is one of the (not so) popular guys in school. He would participate in quizzes and competitions around the world. Successfully winning them. He was really smart.

"Hey (Y/n)!" You heard a familiar voice called. You turned around and saw your best friend - Maria. Maria Reynolds.

"Hey Maria!" You smiled at her.

"So, how's your life doing?"

"Great, I guess. I mean, it's not that surprising. Each day passes by, the same routine." You said.

She looked at you confused for a moment. You could tell she was thinking of things. Probably your relationship status or--

"Seen anyone yet?"

Yep. Relationship status.

You blushed and looked down, covering your face. You let out a muffled "not yet." She chuckled and playfully shooked her head.

"Single forever, huh?" She smirked.

"Come on! You don't even have one yet--" She placed her finger on top of your lips, shushing you.

"James remember?"

You thought it was your brother at first but then realized there was a lot of James in the campus.

"Oh right."

She chuckled and proceeded to walk to your class.

-----------------

"Alright, before we start today's class, I would like to let everyone know that a student from France will be returning here." Your teacher, Mr. Washington, announced.

You heard whispers from the class. You heard James groaned, looking mad.

"What's wrong, Jemmy?" You asked him. He huffed and crossed his arms, looking at the door.

"He's back." He groaned once again.

"Who's back?"

Before he could answer, the door was suddenly opened by a man with a thick southern accent.

"What'd I miss?"

Half of the class groaned while the other half (mostly girls) squealed from excitement.

Judging by the way the class interacts with him, he must be a popular guy. You watched as he sat in front of James.

"Class, I'm sure all of you has met Thomas Jefferson." Mr. Washington said. A slight annoyance in his voice.

You awkwardly raised your hand and waited for him to notice you. Fortunately, he did.

"Oh right. (Y/n) this is Thomas. Thomas meet (Y/n)."

Thomas looked at you and smiled. You slightly blushed at this, smiling back. Wait...blush? Why would you blush at him? You just met him! Silly emotions...

Time skip^-^-^-^-^

As the class went on, you found out that James is Thomas' best friend. He would get annoyed by him sometimes but they were pretty close.

Just before Mr. Washington could finish his lecture about Abraham Lincoln, the bell rang signalling everyone to lunch.

Washington groaned and started picking up his stuff. "We'll continue this tomorrow. Class....dismiss."