House of Cards

A/N: I RECOMMEND READING WHILE LISTENING TO THE SONG I LINK, IT MAKES IT MORE REALISTIC. YOU'LL SEE.

Forget about your house of cards
And I'll do mine

~House of Cards, BTS

"Are you lost?"

In front of your battered apartment door, sat a dishevelled looking male. Upon noticing your presence, he gradually raised his bruised dark hues to meet yours for a concentrated period of time. His focus was fixed calmly on you, but beneath his jet black eyes screamed for needed assistance, you knew. You've come across people like this countless times. He opened his dry chapped lips.

"Please.. help me.." he whispered.

Twelve hours earlier...

"So, just the usual morning set?"

A tan-skinned woman repeated your order, chewing her gum, as you lined up in front of the diner counter.
"Yes, please."
After exchanging cash for a receipt order, you stepped away and rested yourself on a one-person seat and table, waiting patiently for your order.

Rubbing your eyes due to exhaustion, you diverted your eyes towards the droplet covered glass window in order to soak in the ordinary atmosphere of your current hometown.
"Please help!"
A man snatched a woman's handbag, and dashed off, the puddled water sloshed around as he turned the corner. Your tired eyes calmly shut at this.

This is normal.

"Breaking news!"
Your attention did not divert, as your hues reopened to watch the pouring rain from the dark stricten clouds. However, your hearing senses subconsciously remained on the TV's scratchy announcement.

"The same notorious gang has strike again! No one knows of this newfound group! Report tells us that four policemen were injured during a raid just this morning--!"

"Miss?"
A woman's whiny voice was heard by you, but your focus was focused elsewhere.

"If you find any evidence that links to this gang, please dial the crime help line. 555 555."

"Miss Y/N!"
Her booming voice brought all your senses onto the waitress before you.
"Order no. 7?"
Your baggy coloured eyes automatically peered down at your receipt order number, before nodding, as she snatched your receipt and placed the food in front of you.

Silently eating your meal, you could hear a group of guys trod past you, the sound of metal clanking, signifying what sounds like a gun. Clenching your fist under the table, you hated how the government has recently loosen the free gun policy, allowing practically anyone to yield the death metal. Back to earth, you now felt a pair of eyes digging on the side of your face.

"Yeah, I heard..."

Just ignore it. Avoid eye contact. Leave it.

Looking down on your plate, you didn't realise just how much you've already eaten.

Time to leave this place.

Pushing the chair back, you grabbed your bag and concealed your name tag by tucking it in your bag. However, you noticed it was too late for that, seeing that a certain someone has been peering at you. Just when you're about to walk out, a man called out to you from the diners.

His eyes turned crescent shaped, as he handed you an umbrella, "It's raining outside, miss. Please take this."
He forceably shoved the umbrella to your hand, before he strolled off to where his gang of friends were. The very gang that walked past you with the gun by their sides.

Facing down at the umbrella, you knew you needed it, seeing you have important work documents in your bag, but to receive from a complete stranger in a dangerous world? Looking up, he caught your eye, as he smiled back at you.

Ah... no wonder he looks familiar. He's a usual customer here. I'll take it to avoid potential trouble.

You left the diners, with an umbrella in hand.

"I've heard of the infamous group..."

Murmurings were heard, until a light 'Ding' emitted from your bag, hence, you checked it.

Good morning, miss Y/N.
New work shifts for the next few days.
Monday to Friday 10pm - 7am.
I hope to see you then. :) from Doctor Jin.
-message sent, 3.3.2017, 4.03pm.

Sighing deeply from the shifts given, you ignored the message as you lifted your grocery bags, murmuring a "your welcome" as you walked out of the supermarket, after doing errands for the day. Without warning, you accidentally bumped into a man, who held you steady by the shoulders, "Yah! Watch it..!" The man was drenched in rain, his dark eyes penetrated yours, while your umbrella fell, spluttered against the wet ground.

​​​Apologizing fervently, he seemed as though he was going to pulverize you until something caught his sight. He apologized instead and left immediately. To think the feeling of safety was appearing once more was a mistake, the fearful feeling replaced your current security senses once more.

Someone's watching me.

Turning around, you see nothing. No one. It was getting dark. Checking your watch, you noticed it won't be long until your next night shift.

I have to get home to sleep before--

Step. Step.

The sound of splashed steps was heard and closing in on you. Holding your breath, you await calmly, not before you felt a warm breath behind your ears against the frigid rain.
"Run, girl."
Ultimately, you rushed away, leaving some of your bag of groceries and umbrella.

Panting from exhaustion, it's kind of expected that occurences happen on a daily basis for you.

But not this frequent though...

A sniffling could be heard on your way back to your apartment. It was then your eyes caught sight a crouched figure before you.

"Are you lost?"

A/N: I'm losing my touch in writing mystery thriller stories. So I'm writing this. Hope you like it