Spades

Rank of cards

Highest to lowest: Ace, King, Queen, Jack, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2.

Object of the game

To score points (generally 500). Points are accrued by winning at least the number of tricks bid in each hand, and are lost by failing to take at least that many, or in some cases by taking too many.

Have you started your tricks yet?

"Drop your belongings, right now. Or else."

A cold rounded object prodded against your lower back, urging you to stay put or else. At the same time, your mind was racing, you did not expect this to happen.

However, YG hospital is pretty tight in security, then again, any patient could be admitted or any visitor could enter this premises to 'visit' the patient. This person just so happens to be a bad seed.

Nodding your head, you slipped the paper in your breast pocket, while you felt the cold object leave your back. All of a sudden, two hands clamped shut on either side of your shoulders, alarming your very mind as you attempt to decipher what this person is about to do. It was then, you felt a warm breath fanning the side of your cheek.

"Scared you, didn't I?"

Twisting your body around, your eyes were met with ones that are as dark as it can be.

"Doctor Jin, please don't ever do that ever again."

He lifted his hands up, an act of surrender, as you sighed and leaned your head back in exhaustion. The squeaky sounds of the chair being reel forwards put your soul to ease, as long as there's at least one trusted person in this room.

"Why can't I? Miss S/N, this is the reason I called you here... It was to inquire about your safety..." Jerking your head forwards to face him, you noticed his eyes never left your bruised neck, to which your arm reached out for a scarf from your bag.

"My safety is just the same as any other employees here in the hospital, Doctor."

Just when you were about to wrap the scarf around your marked neck, he gripped your wrist, preventing you from doing so.

"I know, but this," Jin eyed your neck, "This is too far. Who did this to you?"

"Doctor, it's normal to be attac--"

"Who. Did. This. To. You?"

The tone of Doctor Jin's voice did not put you to ease. It sounded less sympathetic, less empathetic--

He sounded...intimidating...

"A drunkard," your eyes lay focused on Jin's, for shifting your eyes away from the person would usually cause the speculator to justify that you were lying.

But why am I lying? I have an unknown stranger sleeping in my house...! For all I know, the stranger could be a killer, it's not like a random guy showing up in front of their doorstep at the brink of dying is normal nowadays. Speaking of the man, I need to check up on--

"Is that all, Doctor?"

Still unable to stand up to depart, due to Jin's tightened grip on your wrist, his eyes did not waver between the intricate bruise littered around your neck to your hues.

"If you have something to confide, please do so. You best to stay in the hospital for a little while. But then again, it is your decision. Apart from that, that is all," he released his grip on you, and without a moment to spare, you collected your belongings and was close to reaching the door when he concluded.

"But stay safe, miss S/N. Don't say I didn't warn you."

As soon as the hospital door swiped open, you stepped out of the hospital, welcoming the frosty cold morning. Your nimble fingers reached for your phone, swiping the screen to unlock, your optics were glued to the screen.

(1) NEW MESSAGE

Safety News Alert!

Five members from Exo has established a break in to the Government Officials, next to YG Hospital. The group left 30 minutes ago with important documents, 1 member caught, with injuries sustained. They are armed with weapons (Rifles and Browning Hi power guns sighted) Please stay indoors!

-The Crime Watch

message received, 4.3.2017, 7.56 a.m.

Shutting your phone tightly, you bit your lip at Jin's forewarning to remain indoors and here you are out in the open.

But I need to check on the man..!

Within a moment in thought, you could hear gunshots. Shielding yourself by the alleyway, your eyes followed a group of men sprinting at high speed.

At your direction.

Oh no..!

But what caught your eye was a short wispy dark brown haired male who met your eyes briefly, standing at a few centimeters over 170cm, his eyes narrowed at you, a look ready for the kill.

Just before they rush to your direction, a jet black van sharply turned before you. The van didn't halt, but kept driving as the men hopped in, but not before the wavy haired male glanced at you before disappearing into the traffic.

DING.

Checking your message, your eyes widen at the message read.

Tomorrow, we have the pleasure to treat and tend to one of the most renown criminals, a captured member from Exo for two days. Xiumin. Guess who's going to be the nurse? :) - Doctor Jin, message received, 4.3.2017, 8.20a.m.

'We cannot change the cards we are dealt. Just how we play the hand.'- Randy Pausch

I bid you the best.

​​​​​​​