Six of ◇ + Five of ♧ +King of ♤

Your first duty for the partnership is to try to make at least as many tricks as you bid. As a secondary objective, provided you secure the first one, you try to avoid making too many overtricks. However, in most cases, you are happy to make overtricks if doing so sets your opponents.

Just how many can you trick?

"Have you ever kept a secret?" Jungkook faced down to stare at his calloused hands from the damage.

"I think we all have, Kookie boy. If you still remembered what you will tell me, I promise I won't reveal this to anyone if you don't want me to.."

Staring intently at his hues, his eyes grew wider before bringing his head back down.

"Well.. I recalled being with people.. lots of them..."

Unsure of whether you should pry or whether you should leave him to his own little world of thoughts and memoirs, you chose the earlier. Deciding to scoot closer to the confused police officer, you gently placed your hand on his shoulder.

"You don't have to say anymore to me if it is botheri-"

"I called to mind hearing these men talking to each other.." Jungkook clutched his forehead in agony, "Their face are still blurry in my vision, but I recalled stalking over to them stealthily.. they said--"

KNOCK KNOCK!

Your head twisted immediately at the sight of the door, the door knob twisted but no one entered. Your eyes trailed over to Jungkook, who was starting to have small beads of sweat running down his brow.

"Miss Y/N, I suggest you open up. Right. Now."

Doctor Jin.

Without hesitation, you felt Jungkook's hands gripped both sides of your shoulders and pulled you close to him, only to hear a faint whisper that blew your earlobe.

"Wae haebogido jeone jugyeo gyanen--"

"Miss Y/N, you're already testing my patience.." The door jiggled, you noticed the door knob was wriggling rather aggressively. But Jungkook kept his hold on you before he whispered another.

"--was what one of them said and after that, I heard gunshots ..." Jungkook gradually released his hold from you while his eyes lay downcast to his own bare hands that started to shake fervently.

"I realised where the gunshots came from.." Jungkook's honey voice grew husky as you replied.

"What do you mean?"

Your eyes veered at Jungkook's adam apple bobbing from need of water. Your fingers gingerly gripped the handle of the jug and poured a glass for him.

"I meant that --"

SHIK!

The door jerked sideways, jolting the both of you away from each other in a nick of time. But when your hues were settled on the tall male doctor who was left smiling beneath his dark mysterious eyes, you knew you were in deep trouble.

"Having fun?"

Shaking your head in denial, doctor Jin crept closer, while you backed away until you heard the police officer's deep voice.

"Don't touch her."

Jin tilted his head to face Jungkook, providing Jungkook with an eye smile, "Relax officer. I just need to talk to my staff--" Jin shot his ebony hues at you, "Privately."

It's my fault. I should take responsibility.

"It'll be fine, Mr. Jeon," you answered back to Jungkook, giving him a reassuring smile before Jin wrapped his fingers around your wrist, steering you away from the ward.