La Captivateur

Read your partner

It sometimes happens that you get "out-of-sync" with your partner. This is most likely to happen the first time you play with someone.

Try to read the cards they are playing and look for clues as to their intent.

You can't always be sure what they are thinking, since you don't know what cards they have in their hand.

Stay in tune with your partner if you want to win.

"Well, look who we have here."

NamJoon's dimpled smile lay evident to your line of sight as he opened the door wide enough for you to catch sight of the remaining members.

V and Jimin.

Jimin's features contorted to a frown at your presence as NamJoon asked you a question.

"So now, what are you doing here?"

[NamJoon placed a nine of ◇]

"She must've came to look for me," V defended.

[Your partner, V placed a Queen of ◇]

"What is your reason?" Jimin asked.

[Jimin placed a ten of ◇]

Now the ball is in your court.

[Trick starter : Remember this is a game of Spades with V being your partner who is winning.]

Choose your card wisely.

Jack of ◇ 》Xiumin's message told you to - a lie《Three of ◇ 》Looking for V - part truth《Six of ◇ 》I want to know everything - truth《

Are you sure?

[Yes / No]

[Three of ◇ used]

[V won this round.]

"I was looking for V..." You manage to mutter under their scrutinizing gaze.

"Ah.. told you so," V's chuckles eased the tense atmosphere as Jimin shut his eyes in contemplation while NamJoon's hues never left yours. Whether NamJoon was trying to decode your true being through his analytical mind will still remain a mystery to you. Regardless, V rested his hands on both Jimin and NamJoon's shoulders.

"Okay now that that's settled. I'll be talking to my baby girl here," V released his hold on those two and without you realising, he wrapped his hand around your waist, "privately."

NamJoon nodded his head before leaving, however, you noticed Jimin's fervent stare on you before he too left the scene.

SLAM!

"Baby girl, you're very close to getting into trouble there again. What seems to be the matter--"

"Why doesn't Hunchol know that you're part of BTS?"

Your question provoked a stony facade from V, one that doesn't convey any emotions to you. It is as though he has just built a barrier between you and him on this matter.

"Hunchol doesn't need to know. Next question."

I must've pinched a nerve.

"S-sorry, if I sounded intrusive. I was just curious.."

Bitting your lip in frustration, you waited for him to respond, to which he did.

"Seeing that I have saved you from trouble, I'd expect the favour back."