Chapter Two- Alive As A Creep

I woke up still in the woods. I could barely feel my limbs, but I realized that I had fallen asleep in the snow.

How was I alive? I rubbed my arms and accidentally scratched myself, rather deep. I looked at my hands and a childish scream escaped my mouth, and no, it wasn't because of my awful burn scars

. It was because I had... Sharper nails. I guess it'd be referred to as claws? Scientifically, that was impossible. My brain scattered as I thought of several explanations.

My tongue was still bleeding as well. I opened my mouth and let my tongue run across the bottom of my teeth then felt something kind of sharp. It felt like a sharp knife. It was one of my teeth. It had cut my tongue as it rubbed across. I was bleeding. I had... Fangs?

I felt my eyes widen and ran my fingers through my braids. What was happening to me? Did I get sick? Maybe, I was hallucinating. Perhaps, I was dying. Hallucinations are common when you die, aren't they?

I began walking while cautiously letting my eyes glide through the pale forest. I still felt as if I was freezing to death, but I felt a bit better. It appeared to be morning, and it was quite foggy. I could make out a piece of paper on a tree.

I cautiously walked towards it. My imagination was running wild. For some reason, I couldn't stop thinking things like what if it was a treasure map? You could say I had a very active imagination. I looked around and could practically see x spots dancing in the woods.

I looked at the paper scowled. It was nothing more than a piece of paper that had an O and an X through it. That was it...

I picked up the piece of paper and began ripping it up. I stomped on it continued to crumble it and tear it into smaller pieces. Was Trigger pulling a prank on me? If he was, he'd be really mad at me for ripping it up. But, I honestly didn't care at that point. What I thought to be a joke had been taken to far.

"You ripped it." I heard a voice whisper through the wind.

"Yes, I did. What are you gonna do about it?" I hissed as I tried looking around in the fog for the childish but deep voice. I suddenly felt something slip around my ankle. My eyes widened as I landed flat on my tush.

"Why would you rip it?" the voice exclaimed angrily. I looked ahead and saw tall legs. My eyes went farther up, and finally, I saw who had been speaking with. It was a faceless creature that was obviously over ten feet tall. Tendrils were sprouted from his back, and it was clear that he planned to kill me.

My brother says I have long limbs, but... Clearly he hadn't seen this.

I looked at the faceless creature in awe. He didn't have a nose, a mouth, or eyes, yet he was living. How fascinating.

This wasn't a normal thing people saw in their everyday life, was it? "May I touch your face?" asked I, my voice shook as I spoke.

He seemed surprised. Well, so he seemed. I couldn't tell because he was, um, expressionless. He just stood there silently not saying a thing.

"Are you not afraid?'' he asked quietly.

"On the contrary, actually. It is logic. You are sending fear signals, but my other emotions are blocking them out. It is common sense to be afraid of someone bigger than you," I said and smiled.

It was fun to talk about myself because I never got the opportunity. I was a gifted child though that sounds a bit cocky. My only gift had been logic which had helped me learn how to draw.

"Why are your teeth and your nails like that?" he asked. I stood up and brushed the dirt and ice off my clothes.

"Well, it's genetics I guess. I was abandoned," I muttered.

"Do you know who your parents are?" he asked curiously.

"No sir, and I have zero desire to," I said and put my hands behind my back. My parents left me on a doorstep not knowing a thing about those people. Why would I care?

"I have a question for you, child. With your eyes, fangs, and claws, how would you fit into your human community?" he asked.

"I probably wouldn't I'm assuming if you're saying these aren't normal... They would probably lock me in a zoo... Or worse," I said and began to imagine being locked in a crate and being tested on by scientist. I shook just thinking about it. Perhaps, my imagination was getting a bit out of hand.

"Well, would you have any problem coming to place a place where you would belong?" he asked.

"No sir!" I said a bit too excitedly. I toned my voice down and murmured, "I must warn you, sir. I play the roll of an outcast more than an average person."

"Then you will fit in perfectly."

"Then I will go then, sir. Could you tell me your name, though?"

"Slenderman."

I giggled at his funny name. "Well, that's a strange name. My name is even stranger though. It's Angora." I smiled a small pleasant smile that I did to other families when I went out in public. I held out my hand, and we shook it. Little did I know that this decision would impact my whole life.