Chapter Thirteen- Flashbacks

I walked out of Clockworks room and began humming randomly. Even though I didn't really know any songs, humming was fun. Making up little tunes in your head is in enjoyable most of the time.

"I need to ask you something."

I turned around and saw Ben. He looked somewhat stressed, and I said, "Whatever you want."

"Come on," he said and grabbed my hand. He took me to his dim green room, and we sat down on the bed.

"I trust you more than anyone in this house even though I haven't known you that long. Remember when you asked me if my hair was like this. I really wanted to tell you, but I was afraid. It's funny, though, I have never ever trusted that many people because of my past. And, well. . . Do you believe me?"

I stared at him, then I opened my mouth then closed it. No, I honestly didn't believe him because no one ever trusted me with anything. I didn't wan to say no, so I answered with a question.

"Can you prove it?"

He sighed and nodded then held out his hand. I looked at it, and he said, "Take it."

I put my hand on his and everything faded away.

-----

There Ben was playing his game. I didn't recognize the game. I heard screaming in the background, and I felt dread, I knew what kind of screams they were. I used to make them all the time,

They were the sound of someone getting hit.

"Benjamin! Stop playing that game right now and come down here!" A voice yelled making my heart begin to shiver. What was Ben showing me?

He paused his game, and he stood. I took in the sight of him standing. He looked different, His hair was brown and messy. His eyes were a hazel, and his skin was pale. He still wasn't very tall in my opinion, and he wasn't very muscular.

He slowly walked downstairs, and I saw blood on the floors. He looked terrified, but be kept waking.

"Yes, Daddy?" he said. A drunk man looked up. He had a dead woman's body in his hands.

"Mom?" he said looking confused. His Dad scowled,

"Shut up and help me put her in this bag," he growled.

I then noticed the bruises on Ben and how frail he was. It suddenly hit me that he had been abused to.

They put the body into a garbage bag, and they began carrying it out. He put it in the back of his truck. Ben sat next to it, and his Dad went in the front.

They drove to a lake, and his Dad looked at Ben. "You've seen way to much."

Ben backed up. "Ugh, are you okay? I think you had to much to drink."

His Dad nodded, and he grabbed Ben's neck and forced him under the water. Ben struggled, but he was to frail and weak to do anything as his drunk Father kept him underneath.

Then, Ben stopped moving. His Dad let go, and he sunk to the bottom of the lake.

---

The vision stopped, and Ben's hand was shaking. "Now, you know why I am terrified of swimming," he said.

I stared at him not realizing that I was shaking. My arms quickly wrapped around him, and I gave him a huge hug. He hugged me back and said, "You endured worse."

"I didn't see my Mother and dead and my own flesh and blood didn't try to beat me then drown me," I whispered.

He sighed and let me go. "Do you trust me?" he asked.

I nodded feeling a tear slip down my face, but I ignored it. He held out his hand and said, "Prove it."

"But, what part in life?"

"It adds the one with the most heartbreak."

I nodded and bit my lip. Which life event would it be? I didn't even know because of all of my heartbreak.

"What's it like in my own point of view?"

"Realistic, and you see out of your own eyes."

I nodded, then I slowly put my hand in his.

---

I was cooking eggs.

No no no! I remembered this day. I was eight years old.

Ben turn it off!

I felt my hand frying against the metal part of the pan because the front part came off, and this was the only one Trigger and my parents let me use.

I let out a scream as the eggs fell on my leg because I tilted the pan. My brother walked in scowling.

"What'd I tell you about wasting food?" he growled looking angry.

I felt tears go down my face. "Trigger, I didn't mean to. The pan was burning me really badly, and I tilted it. Please don't punish me. I'm extremely sorry!" I said not wanting to feel anymore punishments.

"Sorry? You won't make it with one simple sorry out there!" he said and pushed me down.

I felt my back hit the cabinet, and I began to cry, He grabbed me by the end of my hair, and he took me into the living room where Dad and Mom were watching TV.

"Stay there!" he growled, and I wrapped into a ball pleading to them with my eyes. They acted like I wasn't even there.

My brother came back him with a guitar case and opened it. He pulled out a huge metal rod that was usually attached to stop signs.

Then, he struck me on the back.

I screamed and backed up feeling my spine hit the fire place.

"Angora? Could you move? We can't see the TV," my Daddy said.

Trigger grabbed my hair and pulled me to the side, and he pulled out a lighter and held it near my arm.

"I like lightning. Let's draw it on your arm shall we."

There is nothing mor excruciating than having fire on your skin. This was a terrible thing to feel.

---

Everything returned, and I yanked my arm back to rub it. The pain was gone, but the mark was still there.

"You could've told me I'd feel pain," I said.

"I didn't exactly think that you'd be being burned and slammed into a cabinet."

He sighed and ran his fingers over my burn. "This is kinda beautiful. Like, the tree of life, but he was trying to make lightning which was a huge fail," he said.

I did a small smile. "Yeah... I guess," I said with a slight blush.

"And, um, sorry about, ugh-"

"Apology excepted," I said.

He sighed and ran his fingers through my hair. "You know; it's quite hard to gain your trust. I bet it's easy to lose it to."

"Not that easy. It's just. . . I don't like being betrayed. I never forgive, and I never forget. It's my simple rule."

"Why do you keep it so cold in here?"

"I got trapped in a game, and it was hot in there."

"I almost died in the snowy winter."

He sighed and grabbed my waist then sat me beside him, then he put his legs on top of mine and wrapped his arms around me.

"Are you warmer now?" he said, and I leaned my head on his shoulder.

"Sorta. It's still freezing in here."

He sighed and moved my hair behind my ear with one hand. "You're adorable."

I felt myself blush, but it wasn't as serious as the others. This was... Well...

New.