Chapter Sixteen- Boys

I have terrible habit of going between past and present tense during this story.

Whatever.

________

Clockworks grinned as we walked, and I couldn't help but ask,

"What's up with the change of heart?"

"Dunno, sorta. . . Guilty, I guess. Sally was so nice to you, then she just got rude. Jeff just hates you. Hard not to be nice, right?"

I nodded and did a small smile. At least she actually cared.

+++

When we walked into the mansion, Clockworks and I were laughing about something that happened at an ice cream shop. We did what you'd call "a girl's day out" Under Realm style.

We went to the mall, to fast food, went to a lot of mini-shops, and I managed to convince her to take me to the library.

I never enjoyed something so much in my life.

Clockworks grinned. "I'm guessing you had fun, corrcrept

"Of course! I haven't been so clear headed in my life."

I hadn't thought about Zalgo, Jeff, or Sally! This was a wonderful feeling. I loved what she called wonderful free time. I wanted it to be like this forever!

"Well, I got to go before Jeff goes insane. He didn't want me to go somewhere with your, if you've noticed, when he doesn't like something, it's kind of like tick tock tick tock in his head."

I nodded, and she ran upstairs. "Of course. you've noticed. . ." I heard a voice whisper in my ear.

I jumped then turned around. It was just Ben.

"Oh hey. . . Don't do that," I said, and he chuckled.

"I didn't do it on purpose... Sorta," he said with a grin, and I rolled my eyes.

He grinned and instantly grabbed my hand in his like usual instead it felt slightly different. I felt goosebumps crawl across my skin, and I did a small smile wondering what emotion was getting under my skin now.

He took me into the living room, and he grinned. "I want to see something. This new game- I created it- has never been played. Sally thinks you were lying about never playing any of those games, so I want to see if you just know without me explaining. Get it?"

I nodded, and he handed me a controller I had never seen before. Then, he walked towards the TV, turned it on, turned on the console, and we began to play.

Each instruction unfolded in my mind as I played. I then even realized that I was beating the creator of the game.

When we finished, Ben stared at me in pure shock. "How? I didn't plan on you beating me just knowing he game but. . . How?"

I smiled and replied with, "I don't exactly know. The same thing happened when I played Hide and Seek with you all. It also happens when I play chess, but EJ just happens to be really good..."

He sighed and stood up, then held out his hand. I took it and stood up.

"So, you're unbeatable?" he asked and I shrugged.

"I guess. . . EJ did beat me a couple of times though..." I said questioning myself.

He grinned and was about to say something, but Slenderman yelled my name before he could.

He sighed and ran his fingers through my hair. "You should probably answer that," he said, and I nodded with the strange emotion crawling under my skin again.