Elizabeth Jenkins

Thanks for the character. Elizabeth belongs to @evershipper 

I woke up early, excited for the day. Today was tryouts for track! I grabbed my clothes and hairbrush and went to the bathroom to shower.

Exactly 30 minutes later I was brushing my light brown hair up into a high ponytail. The white tank-top with WIN in gold letter really brought out the flecks of gold in my green-blue eyes. My dark skinny jeans complemented my light tan well. The sprinkle of freckles across my nose weren't super obvious, nor hidden. Just the way I like it. I leave the bathroom and head to my room. 

I pull on my gold toms and grab my Nike book bag, before running downstairs. I grab a poptart and start eating it, so I can get to school. Once I'm finished, I run upstairs and brush my teeth. I run back downstairs, and make a quick stop in the kitchen.

My dad is sitting in his chair with a cup of coffee and the morning paper. "Love you dad. See you tonight."

"Love you too, sugar. Good luck at tryouts." A few reasons my dad is great; he actually pays attention to what I say, what I like to do, (like track) and when things are. He's had to take care of me alone, since my mom took off after I was born.

I jog to school, thinking about tryouts this afternoon. I'm so excited! I turn the corner, and jog up to the front doors. I walk in and go over to my locker.

"Hey Beth! Did you hear about the two new kids?" my best friend, Isabella, asks as I get out my books for class.

"New kids? No. I guess I've been to focused on tryouts." I said.

"There's a new girl and a new boy. They start today. Rumor is, they're dating." Isabella tells me.

"Huh. I wonder why they came in the middle of the year." I say.

"There they are!" Isabella motions in the direction of the new kids.

The girl is tan, with blonde curls and grey eyes. The boy is tan as well, with messy black hair and sea-green eyes. She's about 5'9, with him about 6'0. She's pretty. Too pretty. I hate when girls are obviously prettier than me. 

Hmm. How to get revenge for her beauty... Maybe go after this boyfriend of hers. Yeah, breaking them up should hurt her. Now how to go about it...

They walked over to the two lockers on my right.

"I'm gonna introduce myself." I murmured to Isabella. I turned toward the new kids.

"Hi. Welcome to Los Angeles High School. I'm Elizabeth Jenkins, and this is my friend Isabella Brown."

"Hi. I'm Percy, and this is my girlfriend, Annabeth." Percy said. Annabeth smiled slightly, and waved at us. 

"Would you like us to show you to your classes?" I offered.

"Thanks for the offer, but we already have a guide." Annabeth sounded apologetic.

"Guys! You made it!" Piper McLean threw her arms around Percy and Annabeth.

"Hey Pipes." Percy said, ruffling her hair. 

Of course. Piper McLean. The most popular girl at school. She was really pretty, and made me jealous on a daily basis. 

"Oh, okay." I said, though they weren't paying any attention.

I walked off with Isabella, planning how to get Percy from Annabeth. Looks like Piper being friendly with them might help me...

~~~Time Skip To Track Tryouts After School~~~

I was stretching by the track, waiting for tryout's to start, when I saw her. Of course she was trying out for track. She looked built for it. Argg. Maybe I can start my plan though.

"Hey, Annabeth! Over here!" I called.

Annabeth walked over. "Hi..." She said.

"Do you want to stretch with me? I know I don't know you that well, but I figured you might want to warm-up with someone that was somewhat familiar." I said.

"Thanks." she said, and started to stretch.

"How was your first day here?" I said, trying my best to sound interested, trying to get her to relax so my plan can play out.

"Alright. the classes here are so interesting!" she replied.

"Oh?"

"Yeah. You guys have a very good architecture program." she said excitedly. 

A few minutes passed in silence.

"So, I know this is totally not my place, but I want to make sure you know this. You do realize that your boyfriend might be cheating on you, right?"

"What?" she said, confused and surprised.

"I saw Percy messing around quite a bit earlier with this girl. They seem like more than friends."

"Do you know who?" she asked warily. Yes, everything was going according to plan.

"Piper McLean." I told her. Then, Annabeth had the nerve to laugh! "Why are you laughing? I just told you that your boyfriend is probably cheating on you!" I demanded.

"Oh gods. I'm sorry, Elizabeth. I know you're just trying to help. but Piper and Percy aren't dating." What? NO! My plan! Where was her sadness, her anger?

"How can you be sure?" I inquired.

"Piper's boyfriend is Percy's best friend and Piper is my best friend. Percy and Piper just act like siblings. Piper's had it kinda hard, and Percy is like a big brother to her. He's very protective of her. It's adorable!" Annabeth explained. 

The coach then yelled for tryouts to start.

~~~Time Skip To The End Of Tryouts~~~

Tryouts were over. I'm sure I made a spot on the team. Then I saw Percy and Piper walk over to Annabeth. Annabeth started whispering to them, one of them glancing over every few seconds. She's probably telling them all about what I told her before tryouts. Great. Just great. Then Percy walked over.

"Hey." he said

"Hi."

"I was wondering if you wanted to play rock-paper-scissors?"

"Um, sure." By now, Annabeth and Piper were one each side of him, backed up slightly. They were watching my every move. Weird.

"Rock. Paper. Scissors. SHOOT."

I threw down paper, and he threw down rock.

"I won." My eyes flashed gold. "Best 2 out of 3?" I asked.

"Sure." We played for a long time. I won 25 out of 49. Each time I won a round, my eyes flashed golden. Then, Annabeth, Piper, and Percy were watching above my head. Right as I looked up, I saw a floating golden wreath disappear. 

"What was that?" I demanded.

"You have just been claimed as a daughter of Nike, the Greek goddess of victory."

Hey. Hope you like it. Will be back with another chapter soon. Sorry it wasn't very long.

~J.S.J.