Nathaniel Hooks - NM

Thanks for the character. Nathaniel belongs to ffoodie 

"Holy frickin' Zues!"

"Don't do that! He hates that." My friend, Jason, says, looking at the sky worriedly. He talks as though he knows them personally. 

"Well, we're gonna be late to practice. Hurry up!" We run to the football field, hoping we won't be late. 

"Everybody, practice is canceled today. Go home." the coach said as we ran over to the group. Aw, man. Now I can't show off my amazing muscles and moves. 

And then I see him. As I'm walking back to the school, I see him. Nico Di Angelo. I let out a small sigh. He's so beautiful. 

"Yo, Nathaniel? Hellllooooo?" Jason's waving his hand in front of my face. 

"Huh? What?" 

"You were staring off into space. You good?"

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm good." I answering, shaking my head to get rid of any thoughts of Nico. Jason and I head inside the school, over to our lockers. We grab our bags and go to the front of the school. We go through the front doors of the school, and go to the parking lot. And he's there again. Nico. Leaning against Jason's beat-up blue Ford pickup truck. 

"Jase, wanna give me a ride?" Nico asks in his beautiful Italian accent. No. They can't know I'm into him. They can't know I'm bisexual. So I use a biting retort instead. 

"What makes you think my buddy Jason here should give you a ride?" I demand.

"The fact that he's my cousin and if he doesn't want a brick to the head he's gonna give me a damn ride."

"Chill Nico, I'll give you a ride. No need to bring out the bricks." Jason says, throwing up his hands. I look at Jason. 

"You have a cousin?" I ask.

"Three." He answers, grabbing his keys. "Passenger side." He says, pointing at Nico. Nico groans in annoyance, then pulls the truck door open and climbs in. "Don't forget, assembly tomorrow. After lunch. Don't leave campus." Jason says, looking at me, then sliding into his truck. I move out of the way as he starts the truck, then pulls out of the parking spot. 

~~~Time Skip to Assembly the next day because I can't think~~~

We all file into the gym for the assembly after lunch. Once we're all seated and fairly quiet, there is a bright flash. I blink against the light and look towards the stage. There are 14 people on the stage. The gods. Zeus, Hera, Poseidon, Demeter, Athena, Artemis, Apollo, Ares, Hermes, Aphrodite, Dionysus, Hephaestus, Hestia, and Hades. I notice Nico, a few rows in front of me, slide down into his chair a bit. 

"Students! It is us, the Greek gods. We are here to embarrass a few of our children." Zeus calls out, his booming voice covering the room. 

"Son, up front." Hades says, his cold voice softening slightly when he lays eyes on the boys sinking into his chair. Nico Di Angelo.  "Now, boy." 

Nico slowly rises, and walks to the stage. Wait, Nico is the son of Hades? No way. He's faking. Nico continues toward the stage in front of Hades. 

"Yes sir?" Nico says, looking towards the god. 

"Come over here, wait for the others."

"Yes sir." Nico says, moving to Hades side. He stands there as if that's been his place for years. Maybe he really is Hades son...

"My huntress, come forward." A girl in black jeans (complete with rips and chains), a "Death To Barbie" t-shirt, and a silver jacket. She had short hair, with a silver piece atop her head. She stood and confidently walked up onto the stage. She stood in front of an auburn haired girl. 

"Mi'lady." she said, bowing to the auburn haired girl, Lady Artemis. 

"Thalia." Artemis said, with a small bow of her head. The girl, Thalia, nodded once then went to Nico's side. She ruffled his hair and he shot her a small grin. 

"JASON." Zeus boomed. Jason rose, quick as a bullet, back ramrod straight. 

"Yes sir." 

"Go stand with your sister."

"Yes sir." Jason marches to Thalia silently. He takes his place next to her, giving her a slight smile, which she returns. Once Zeus has turned back to us, Jason leans around Thalia, ruffles Nico's hair, then goes back to his previous position, back still straight.

"Sir?" Nico said hesitantly when Zeus didn't continue. 

"Yes Nico?" Hades answered. 

"Can we get Hazel? I haven't seen her in weeks." Nico asked nervously. Jason let out a small smile, as did Thalia. 

"Yes, we can get Hazel." Hades replied. What??? Who is Hazel? Is she his girlfriend? Not for long. Nico is mine. How could he not love me?  Hades snapped his fingers, and a girl tumbled onto the stage out of thin air. She has dark skin and dark chocolate curls that fall slightly past her shoulders. She's in a purple shirt with golden letters on it. 

"Hazel!" Nico calls, giving a quick look to Hades, who nods, before running to the girl. He pulls her up from the floor and into his arms. He gives her a hug, then walks back over to Jason and Thalia. Hazel hugs the two, then walks to Hades.

"Father." she says, bowing slightly. He gives her a respectful nod, ans she goes back to Nico, who puts his arm around her shoulders. 

~~~Time Skip because I really just need to finish this~~~

After the gods talked to us for a bit, they release us all to go home early. The school slowly wanders into the halls, gets their things, and heads outside to go home. The gods have disappeared, but the four are still onstage, talking among each other. I walk confidently to the stage, even though everyone else has left. Jason breaks off from the group, coming over to me.

"Nathaniel, I'm sorry I couldn't tell you, but at least-" I shove him aside going up to Nico and Hazel. Thalia and Jason stand back a bit, confused. I storm up to Nico and grab him by the shirt collar. 

"Stay away from her. You're mine. YOU'RE MINE!" I shout at him, raising him up so he's off the ground. 

"HEY!" Jason yells, pushing me. I lose my grip on Nico, who lands hard on his feet. He backs up a bit, as Jason gets in my face. 

"Leave him alone." Jason growls at him, standing protectively in front of Nico. I lunge toward Hazel. Thalia jumps in front of her, ready to knock my teeth out, but Jason grabs me by my shirt. He punches me in the jaw hard enough that I see stars. 

"No one, NO ONE, messes with my cousins, understand?!" 

"C-cousins? I thought it was only- only Nico?" I stammer because of my jaw and confusion. 

"Hazel is his SISTER. That's why he wanted to see her."

"So I- I have a chance? With him?"

"NO. You will never have a chance with him. He's taken." Jason says, glancing back at Nico., who looks confused. 

"You did that...because you like me?" He asked.

"Yeah. I didn't want her-" I point at Hazel. "-to have you."

"One, she's my sister. Two, that never would have worked. And three, just because you like someone, doesn't give you a claim over them."

Jason let go of me, then walked back to the others. 

"Let's go." He said.

"Wait!" Thalia said quickly. She walked up to me and punched me. "That was for trying to hurt my little cousin-" she punched me again. "-and THAT was for being a jerk." she walked over to the others. "Okay, now we can go."

The four of them left me on my knees on the stage, and I never saw them again.

Hey guys! I hope you like it! Fairly short chapter, but it's a chapter. Hope you guys like it!

~Sam