Emily Young

This character belongs to deleted17282838 . Enjoy!

Hazel's P.O.V.

Ding! The bell goes off, alerting me that someone entered the ice-cream shop. I look up to see a small girl, probably about 4"5, with short blonde hair and tan skin, in a t-shirt, shorts, and sandals. She walks up to the counter and I see that she has striking blue eyes.

"What can I get for you?" I ask her.

"Um, I'll take a small strawberry ice-cream please, Miss... Hazel." She says, looking at my name tag.

"That will be $3.67." She hands me a five dollar bill, and as I give her the change, I hear the doorbell go off again. This time a tall man comes in, probably about 6 feet tall. I start scooping the girl's strawberry ice-cream, when the man speaks up.

"Hurry up! Why is it taking so long for you to scoop one ice-cream?" He says loudly.

"Excuse me, but you don't need to speak to her that way." I hear a low, feminine voice say. I look up quickly to see the man looking around, before looking down at the girl.

"What gives you the right to tell me what to do, little girl?" He says.

"The right that everyone should be treated equally and the courage that drives one person to stand up for another." She sounds like someone Annabeth would get along with.

"Who are you, thinking you can stand up to someone like me?" He growls out.

"Emily." She stands a little taller. "I don't think I can stand up to you, I know I can stand up to you."

"Either way, the girl needs to hurry up." He gestures wildly at me. "She should've taken my order right away, because I am better than her."

Emily looked very angry. A determined look crossed her face, before smack! She slapped him! He holds his hand to his face, looking surprised. "You shouldn't believe all stereotypes of girls being weak, or lesser than you."

The man glared at Emily and I, then left the building grumbling.

"Are you alright? Did he upset you?" Emily asked me.

"I'm alright. Thank you, for doing that. That was very kind of you." I tell her.

The bell rings, and a shadow falls over the counter. I flinch, thinking it's the man again. I look up, and see Frank. He smiles at me, walking over.

Emily's P.O.V.

"I'm alright. Thank you, for doing that. That was very kind of you." The young woman behind the counter says to me.

The bell rings, and a shadow falls across the floor and counter. I turn, standing tall, ready to defend her from the man again. This time, though, it's a different man. He is tall, and looks very strong. He has short, dark hair, and he smiles at the woman, Hazel. I glare at him, waiting for him to say something.

"Hazel, you're getting strawberry ice-cream all over you." The man said.

"Oops! Thanks, Frank." She said, then turned to me. "I'll have your ice-cream in just a moment." She throws away the old ice-cream, and cleans off her hands. She scoops up a new strawberry ice-cream, and hands it to me.

"Here you are. I apologize for the wait." Hazel says.

"Thank you."

I go sit down at a table and eat my ice-cream. The man, Frank, walks over to the counter, and they have a whispered conversation. Then he walks over to my table.

"Um, my name is Frank. I just wanted to thank you for standing up for Hazel. It's those ordinary acts of bravery that really affect people like her and I." (Divergent references, anybody???)

"Of course. If you guys ever need me, you can almost always find me at B.O.O."

"Books Of Olympus? Our friend, Annabeth, is the owner." Frank said, very surprised.

"Really? She and I hang out every once in a while. You guys should join us sometime." I tell him. Then I realize something. "Wait- Are you the Frank and Hazel that she talks about? The Frank Zhang and Hazel Levesque?"

"Um, yes?"

"Wow. This is great. We should totally hang out sometime. My name is Emily, Emily Young."

Frank sits down, and we begin talking. I see Hazel wipe her hands, and she comes to sit with us.

~~~1 year later~~~

"That's the last of it, Em."

"Thanks, Zhang, Haze. You've made this so much easier." We were standing in my dorm room, after moving my stuff in.

"Do you want to go to lunch with us?" Hazel asks kindly.

"No, I think I'll wait for my new room-mate. Rain-check?" I say hopefully.

"Definitely. We're gonna head out, alright?"

"Okay." I give them both huge hugs. "Love ya guys. Safe travels."

"Love you too. Good luck!" Frank calls out, leaving the room.

A few minutes later, a girl walks in.

"Hi, I'm Emily. Emily Young. And you are?" I ask, sticking out my hand to shake.

"Rachel. Rachel Dare." She says, shaking my hand. 

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed the chapter! A bit different, but different is good, right? Stay safe, keep reading, and have fun! 

~Sam