Pearl Smith

Thanks for the character. Pearl belongs to Shaniyayay 

She pulls me over the "boundary line", past the big tree, and to a place that looks like a really big house.

"We're almost there Pearl. Hang in there!" she calls back over her shoulder. Everything looks blurry, I can hardly see. I can't feel my legs anymore, all I feel is her pulling me by my hand. And pain. Agonizing pain.

I stumble up the few stairs, and through the doorway.

"Chiron help! New camper, and she's hurt badly." I hear a faint sound of horse hooves clomping around the room, as my eyes close. I sway, and she yells my name. I fall to the floor, and the darkness overtakes me.

~~~

There are voices. Faintly, I hear them asking how long I'll be out, how bad the wounds are. Then I'm gone again.

~~~

This time I'm up for good. I groan, rub my head, and try to sit up. But someone pushes me back down. Then I remember. The fight. Her bringing me here. Passing out. I suddenly panic, realizing she is the only one I know.

"Annabeth!"

I wake up, sweaty and out of breath. What just happened?  Oh well. Problem for another day. I roll out of bed and get dressed. White crop top, blue jean overalls, white flats, teal earrings. I grab my teal bag and my matching phone, then head to the kitchen.

After throwing the bread in the toaster, I spin to the fridge and grab the jelly. Once the toast pops up, I put it on a plate and cover it in the grape spread. I put the jelly back in the fridge, grabbing the milk and orange juice. I pour a bowl of cereal, and cover it in the milk. I pour a glass of orange juice, before putting the milk and orange juice away. Then I grab a banana, and take all  my food to the table. 

As I'm washing my dishes, I hear a knock on the front door. I look at the clock. 7:15. She's right on time, as always. 

"It's open!" I yell, knowing it's Annabeth on the other side. 

"You shouldn't do that. You never know who could be on the other side of the door." Annabeth says, walking in. 

"You're always here at exactly 7:15. Who else would it be?"

"You've got me there. Are you ready?" she asks.

"Yep." I say as I grab my bag, and shove my phone in next to my books. I take the key from the table as I walk past. We go outside, and I stop to lock the door. Then we head to school together. 

~~~Short Time Skip~~~

The first bell rings, so Annabeth and I pick up our books, papers, and pencils and start toward class. Annabeth calls out a goodbye to the librarian as we leave the library. We walk towards Annabeth's math class. She says goodbye, then goes into her class. 

After class, I meet up with Annabeth again. We head toward our history class, when a big dog jumps into the hallway. Everyone else continues as normal, while I stare in shock.

"Annabeth?"

"Hmm?"

"What is that?" She glances up from her book, and gasps. She quickly maneuvers through the throngs of high-schoolers to her locker. She throws it open, throws her stuff in it and grabs a knife. By then, the halls had cleared, except for Annabeth and myself.

"Get out of here!" She yelled to me, as she ran to the dog. I quickly caught up to her.

"I'm not leaving! How can I help?" I tell her.