Chapter 16 ~ A Letter For Me

Episode: Season 4 - The Monster At the End of This Book Pt. 2

As we approached the house of the address the publisher had given us, Sam knocked on the door. After a few minutes, it swung open to reveal a short, disheveled man in a bathrobe who eerily looked like Mr. Robutusen from Princess Diaries.

"You Chuck Shurley?" Dean asked the man.

"The Chuck Shurley who wrote the Supernatural books?" Sam offered.

"Maybe. Why?" he asked in a bored tone.

"I'm Dean. This is Sam and Parker. The Dean, Sam, and Parker you've been writing about," Dean informed him.

The man nodded, smiling fakely as he slammed the door in our faces. I scowled as I mashed the doorbell. Slowly, he opened the door again and smiled that same faux smile as before.

"Look, uh, I appreciate your enthusiasm. Really, I do. It's always nice to hear from the fans. But for your own good, I strongly suggest you get a life," he said, denim blue eyes bloodshot.

"See, here's the thing. We have a life. You've been using it to write your books," Dean snapped at him suddenly as Sam forced his way inside the house.

I was about do the same when Dean caught me by the wrist, spinning me into him. My brown eyes met his green orbs and I bit my lip as the anger he had for Chuck dissipated.

"What?" I asked, tilting my head to the side.

Gently, he cupped my cheek and I leaned into his touch, placing my own hand over his.

"Why didn't you tell me before? That you were in love with me?" he asked me, his words soft as we stood on the porch.

I shrugged, strands of ebony hair falling around my face just to be tucked behind my ear again by Dean's nimble fingers.

"I didn't know how to say it..." I admitted quietly and I felt his fingers caress my cheek.

"I didn't know how either..." Dean confessed and I smiled up at him before he connected his lips to mine.

Butterflies swarmed in my belly at the contact, his lips warm and soft on mine. His mouth glided across mine gently before he pulled away. We grinned at each other as he led me into the house, following after his brother.

"Is this some kind of Misery thing? It is, isn't it? It's a Misery thing!" Chuck wailed from the living room and we found him lying on the couch as Sam glowered at him.

"It's not a Misery thing. Believe me, we are not fans," Dean snapped at him, walking over to the couch where he lay.

"Well, then what do you want?" Chuck whined.

"I'm Sam and that's Dean and Parker," Sam explained to him.

"Sam, Dean, and Parker are fictional characters. I made them up. They're not real,"

I let out a sigh and walked over to the window. The glass was grimy, blurring the outside world. With the back of my sleeve, I rubbed on the glass till I could make out figures walking around outside.

"How much do you know? Do you know about the angels? Or Lilith breaking seals?" Sam suddenly asked him and I turned back around to join the boys.

"How do you know about that?" Chuck asked cautiously.

"Question is how do you?" I shot back, crossing my arms over my black with red-lettering Buffy the Vampire Slayer t-shirt as I sat down on the couch.

"Because I wrote it,"

"You kept writing?"

"Yeah. Even after the publisher went bankrupt. But those books never came out..."