Chapter 26 ~ Can't Do It Without You

Episode: Season 5 - The Curious Case of Dean Winchester

Note: Prepare for da feeeeeeeeeels ;)

A sigh escaped my lips as I sat in the passenger seat of the Impala, bouncing my leg nervously. I wrung my hands together over and over as I gazed out my window. Suddenly, a large hand was placed on my leg and I glanced up to meet hazel eyes, feeling the comforting warmth of his skin through my jeans.

"Parker, stop. You're fidgeting. And I know you only do that when you're nervous," Sam admonished me and I sighed again as he removed his hand.

"I know. It's just... I don't know how to act when he's around," I admitted as Sam kept his eyes on the darkened road.

We were on our way back to the motel now. The three of us split up in search of an Irish guy named Patrick. He'd been swindling the life out of people - quite, literally. He'd made a young man into an elder and in turn, an elder into a young man. All from a hand of poker. The boys and I suspected magic of some kind so we knew we'd have to track him down.

I'd agreed to go with Sam while Dean went with Bobby. Who knows how Sam had talked him into letting him take Baby, though.

Sam nodded to me, concern etched in his eyes, "I know, Parks. It'll get better, though. I promise. You'll be happy again one day-"

"Will I?" I interrupted, twisting in my seat to face him, "'Cause Sammy, it doesn't feel like that now..."

"Look, Dean..." he sighed, shaking his head, "He just needs time. And maybe...maybe eventually, we all can get back to the way things used to be,"

I nodded solemnly, taking in his words, "How is that going, by the way? You and Dean, I mean?"

Sam shrugged, frowning sadly, "He's starting to trust me a bit more, I think. But it's still not like it once was..."

I nodded again, leaning my head back against the headrest as buildings flew by in the rear-view mirror. Soon, we arrived at the motel and I hopped out of the Impala, Sam following soon after with the Taco Bell we'd picked up.

"Don't forget my caramel apple empanada, Sammy!" I called over my shoulder as I let myself into the room.

Sam set the food down on the table, the keys clattering on the wood.

"Hey, Dean? You find anything?" Sam called out.

Plopping into a seat, I immediately dug around in the paper bag for my food.

"Oh, you might say that," a unfamiliar deep voice replied.

I glanced up right as I was drinking my Dr. Pepper and choked on it as Sam and I did a double-take. Instantly, Sam was cocking his gun and I was scrambling trying to find my own. But when I couldn't, I just grabbed one of the tacos in the bag and held it out in front of me as a weapon. Sam arched an eyebrow at me but said nothing.

"Dude, relax!" the old man standing in front of us said, glancing over at me and my taco, "It's me, you idiot,"

His hair was white and deep wrinkles lined his eyes and mouth. I noticed that he was wearing a dark blue bathrobe and if it wasn't for the fact of us having a stranger in our motel room, I would've laughed out loud.

"Dean?" Sam asked hesitantly and my brown eyes widened.

"Wait, what?" I gaped as Sam lowered his gun before placing it on the table.

Warily, I unwrapped the taco in my hand and bit into it, plopping back into my chair.

"Hi," he said meekly to us both.