Chapter 18 ~ Kitchen Counter Kisses

Episode: Season 4 - Jump the Shark Pt. 2

Dean was livid the whole way to Adam's house. When we finally arrived, Adam told us all about how John had taken him to a baseball game for his birthday. I looked to Dean and I could see the hurt in his green eyes at that revelation. I knew what it would have meant to him to get to do that with his dad, for the man just to have spent a bit of time with him. I bit my lip. It's not something you really get over - even when you're older.

Something like that just stays with you - you carry it around with you the rest of your life. As Sam checked the living room with Adam for any clues as to the disappearance of Adam's mother, Dean headed to the kitchen.

"Hey, I'm gonna go see if he needs my help, okay?" I called to Sam and he nodded once before searching some more.

My sneakers made a slight squeaking noise as I crossed over the carpet to tile threshold upon entering the kitchen area. Dean was just standing there, gazing out the window above the sink and I frowned, walking over to him. Wrapping my arms around him from behind, I pressed my cheek into his back. The scent of alcohol and car oil wafted off his jacket and I breathed it in, the smell giving me comfort.

"Hey," I mumbled softly, "You okay?"

He let out a frustrated sigh, nodding slightly and he turned in my embrace till we were face-to-face. Tiredly, he pushed strands of hair from my face before placing a light kiss on my forehead.

"I'm alright. Just..." he stopped once, shrugging, "I didn't really think Dad would have done this - not telling us about the kid,"

I bit my lip, "I know. It's a shock,"

He nodded before meeting my eyes, his hands coming to rest on my arms.

"So how you holding up with this whole Vader daddy situation?" he asked me and I shrugged, not even cracking a smile at his obvious Star Wars reference.

"I guess. I don't know..." I admitted, shaking my head before sighing, "I can't believe Grace was never my aunt this whole time, that she-she just raised me because of a deal she made with my mom,"

"You have any idea who he could be?" Dean asked, arching an eyebrow.

"Or could have been, you mean? For all I know, he's dead somewhere...just like mom," I said, a hint of resentment and anger seeping into my voice.

"Hey, you can't think like that. He may still be alive somewhere-" he started but I cut him off.

"And what good would that do me to know? How is that any better?" I asked, raising my voice slightly as I tugged free from Dean's embrace to walk over to the sink, "My dad might be alive but he still left me. He still didn't want me, Dean-"

"Hey, hey, hey," Dean interrupted my barrage, pulling me back into his warm chest.

I let out a long sigh, letting the anger drain out of me.

"Shh, shh, it's okay," he mumbled into my hair, rubbing a hand up and down my back soothingly, "I know what you mean. Neither option is good. Him being alive doesn't excuse what he's done."

Pulling away slightly, I gazed up into his eyes before colliding my lips into his, feeling a sense of peace by being this near to him. He kissed me back immediately, hands traveling down my back to rest on my hips. His fingers caressed the skin just above the waistband of my jeans as he pulled me flush against him. I gasped into the kiss at the suddenness of it, our mouths moving in sync as the taste of pie mixed with alcohol filled my senses. My hands found their way to his neck, playing with his hair as his own hands moved down to back of my thighs, hoisting me up onto the counter behind us. Dean stood between the gap in my legs, pulling me closer to him as his lips moved down to my neck.

He placed butterfly kisses there, making my eyelids flutter closed in delight. His kiss felt like the inside of a rose, soft like velvet on my lips. After what felt like an eternity, the both of us broke apart and I grinned up at Dean with him returning the gesture.

"Now I feel better."