Chapter 41 ~ The Truth May Hurt

Episode: Season 6 - You Can't Handle The Truth

The truth. I wanted it, Dean wanted it, Sam, too. In fact, I think everyone in this town did. Or at least, it didn't matter much if they didn't. Apparently, there was a truth goddess, Veritas, working her hudu here - making everyone go nuts from telling the truth that eventually they killed themselves. But while the boys had been so occupied with the case, my own thoughts kept going back to Sam and how he'd been acting. He'd just let Dean get turned.

But why? Why would he do that to his own brother? That wasn't the sensitive Sam I knew. It didn't make any sense. Although I did notice he hadn't been as uptight lately and a lot more carefree which was a good thing. In fact, this seemed like a way more fun version of Sam.

I frowned as the Impala hit a bump in the road. We were on our way to Veritas' place right now to gank her. Hopefully, she would still be there. When we arrived though, luckily she was... Unluckily, she captured us though. And now were tied to poles in her basement.

I let out a long sigh as I sat in between the boys, hands bound in my lap.

"Why does this always happen to us?" I asked to no one in particular.

"All right, let's do this," a female voice spoke up as Veritas came swishing back into the room, stalking towards us, "You came for dinner. Mm. Sit tight. You're up next..."

She took a knife then and held it up to my mouth, letting the cool metal blade slide across my lips.

"The tongue Is the tastiest part. It's where the lies roll off. Mmm. Mmm! I cannot wait to eat yours," she grinned before looking over at Dean.

"I mean, I've seen liars before, but you three? Gold standard," she said, shooting him a wink.

Dean shrugged, "Point of professional pride,"

"I wouldn't be so cocky if I were you, Dean. You know what happens when you base your life on lies, right? The truth comes along and..." she made a slicing gesture to her neck and I bit my lip as she gazed over at Dean, "So, while you've still got your tongue... I think it's your turn to spill some..."

My eyes widened and I wriggled in my binds as she got closer to my boyfriend.

"How 'bout we play a little truth or truth? What should we ask Dean first, hmm? Something personal about you?" she grinned, "Hey, Dean, I'm curious. What do you really feel about your brother?"

"Better now. As of yesterday, I wanted to kill him in his sleep. I thought he was a monster," Dean admitted to her and I saw a hurt look flash across Sam's face at his brother's words, "But now I think he's just acting like me,"

Veritas tilted her head to the side, "What do you mean?"

"It's the gig. You're covered in blood until you're covered in your own blood. Half the time, you're about to die. Like right now. I told myself I wanted out - that I wanted a family..." he continued.

"But you were lying," she arched an eyebrow and Dean vehemently shook his head.

"No. But what I'm good at is slicing throats. I ain't a boyfriend. I'm a killer," he admitted, meet my brown eyes that now held sadness at his confession, "And there's no changing that. I know that now,"

"So Lisa walking back into your life must have been a relief," she grinned conspiratorially over at Dean.

Dean said nothing in response. I didn't know if I was sad or happy about that. Suddenly, Vertias whipped around to me.

"What about you, Parker? How do you feel about Dean's new budding relationship with his old flame?" she cooed in my ear, making me pull away from her.