Chapter 38 ~ Babysitting Bobby John

Episode: Season 6 - Two and A Half Men Pt. 1

Dean left in the middle of the night for a case. Adorable how he thought I wouldn't notice. So I did the only logical thing a girl could do in that situation...I sneaked out of the house just after he did and trailed him. It was pitch-black outside as I quietly hopped into the bed of Dean's truck, hunkering down so he wouldn't see me. He'd kill me if he knew I'd come. He'd already told me that we were out of the hunting business, that he didn't want me hurt.

Please, like that would happen. I could take care of myself. The pick-up truck rumbled down the road, hitting pot-holes as it did before finally, we arrived on a dirt road far away from town. Sam stood leaned up against his car, his towering figure illuminated by the headlights.

"Where is it?" Dean asked him as he got out.

"Strapped down in the back seat," Sam nodded towards the car.

Dean walked over to it, hunching down to peep into the back window. But when he did, his green eyes widened in surprise before looking up at his brother.

Sam smiled, "Welcome to the party, Guttenberg,"

Without even turning his head, he added, "You too, Parker."

Dean frowned, glancing behind Sam to the pick-up truck and I cursed under my breath as I heard him tromp over closer to me. Suddenly, I was being pulled up by my shirt collar and I grimaced when I came face-to-face with Dean's angry one.

"Oh, hey, babe...fancy meeting you here," I smiled nervously and he rolled his eyes, releasing me.

He ran a hand frustratedly over his face, shaking his head.

"Park, what are you doing here?" he asked, clearly not happy with me.

I jumped down from the truck bed, the gravel crunching beneath my shoes as I walked over to my boyfriend.

"Well, you're the one who just up and left in the middle of the night," I protested and he shot me a look, "What was I supposed to do?"

"You could have stayed. Like you were supposed to," he countered.

I scoffed, crossing my arms over my chest, "What am I? A dog?"

"Park-" he started in a warning voice but I waved him off.

"No, Dean, I won't stay behind while you go on hunts with Sam. I know how to hunt, okay? I grew up on it just like you-" I began to say.

"Yeah, and we were out! We're supposed to be having our apple pie life and the last time I checked, that didn't involve hunting." he cut me off and I fell silent, knowing he was right.

Afterward, he had wanted to take me back to Bobby's but I flat-out refused him, still sticking to what I'd said before. I wanted to help. So he begrudgingly took me along after regrouping at our house. It was daylight when we got back to Sam and he was now parked in a clearing, the baby he'd taken strapped down in the backseat.

"I don't recall seeing babynapping in the profiles," Dean was telling him.

"Yeah. Exactly," Sam agreed as they both climbed into the front seat.

Slowly, I climbed in the back and came face-to-face with the baby. It grinned, gurgling at me and I frowned. Man, I didn't like babies. Stinky, nasty little things, I thought to myself as I put on my seatbelt.

"Well, feel free to speak up if you know anything," Dean called over his shoulder to the baby.

I rolled my eyes playfully at him as Sam started the car. Suddenly, just as the boys were arguing up front about wearing and not wearing seatbelts, the baby beside me passed gas.