Chapter 20 ~ Cas Spilled The Beans (Not Literally)

Episode: Season 5 - Free to Be You and Me

It had been awkward all week without Sam around. Dean didn't say much but I knew it hurt not having his little brother around. I crossed my arms over my chest as I stood back, watching him dab away blood on his jacket while he stood at the sink. His back was rigid and I could tell he didn't want to talk. That never stopped me before, though. A sigh escaped my mouth and I came up to stand behind him, wrapping my arms around his torso with my cheek pressed against his back. He tensed up but didn't pull away.

"Dean, look, I know that it hurts now but give it time... Sammy'll come around, you'll see," I said softly, running hand soothingly up and down his side.

Things had gotten so bad lately - Lucifer had broken out of his Cage in Hell and Bobby had gotten possessed by a demon, leaving him wheelchair-bound. We'd run into Ellen and Jo again and thankfully, they both were okay before we parted ways with them. We parted ways with Sam as well and I could tell it was eating at Dean. Of all the things that had happened - that one hit the hardest. I placed a kiss on his back through his t-shirt, feeling the warmth of his skin through the material before snuggling into his back again.

"I promise everything will-" I started to mumble, glancing up at the mirror just as Dean did.

But the mirror wasn't just our reflection because standing behind us was Cas, too. We both yelped, jumping apart before Dean glared over at him.

"Don't do that!" he snapped but it didn't seem to phase Castiel.

"Hello, Dean. Hello, Parker," he said solemnly and I nodded slightly to him before going to my suitcase to pack up the rest of my belongings.

"Cas, we've talked about this," Dean said suddenly and I turned to look at the two of them, Cas standing way too close, "Personal space,"

Cas frowned before taking a step back, "My apologies,"

"How did you find us? I thought we were flying below the angel radar," Dean grumbled, collecting his own things from around the room.

"You both are. Bobby told me where you two where," he replied.

"Where's Sam?" he asked suddenly and Dean and I turned to him.

"Me and Sam are taking separate vacations for a while," Dean answered gruffly, "Did you find God yet? More importantly, can I have my necklace back?"

"No, I haven't found him. That's why I'm here. I need your help,"

"With what, God hunt? Not interested,"

"It's not God. It's someone else," Cas said in frustration.

"Who?" Dean arched an eyebrow.

"It's an archangel. The one who killed me,"

"Excuse me?"

"His name is Raphael,"

A snort escaped my lips and Castiel turned to me with a confused expression plastered to his face.

"You were wasted by a Teenage Mutant Ninja Angel?" I guffawed and Dean shot me a silencing look.

It didn't help though, I couldn't suppress the giggles so eventually, both boys just ignored me. I tuned out the rest of the conversation as I busied myself with collecting my stuff. Once I was done, Dean informed me Cas was tagging along with us to locate Raphael's vessel. Jumping in the Impala, we all headed to Waterville, Maine. It was a long drive with Dean being interrupted fifty times by Cas who had claimed shotgun about what button did what in he car but two hours later, we arrived. Dean stopped us in front of a large, brick building that I assumed to be the Police Headquarters of the town.