Chapter 50 ~ Physical & Emotional Wounds

Episode: Season 6 - Let It Bleed Pt. 2

Eventually, we arrived at the abandoned warehouse. We split up - Sam took one way while Dean and I took another. It took several minutes to kill the demons blocking our path but finally, we reached an old room - the rusted door leading down into a basement. A demon was standing in front of it when we arrived though so Dean stabbed it with the demon blade as we made our way inside. But when we walked in, he glanced over the railing a moment before rushing down the stairs. Bound up to a pole was Lisa and Ben. I bit my lip, feeling my stomach drop as he rushed over to them.

"Dean, thank goodness," Lisa breathed in relief and I felt bile rise up in the back of my throat.

"Still got to get you out of here," he told them both, cutting the ropes that bound their hands together before helping Ben up off the ground and began to lead him across the room, "Okay. Let's go, let's go,"

But suddenly, Lisa whipped around and pulled Ben from Dean, "The brat's not going anywhere,"

Her eyes turned black then in that moment as she held a knife up to Ben's neck, "And neither am I. Crowley thought you might come. So he had me jump this hot little thing for insurance. Can't go losing our leverage, now, can we?"

Dean took a step towards them both and she stepped back.

"Ah! Another step - free appendectomy," she said to Dean before turning to Ben, "You know, she's awake in here - your mom. I can hear her thinking,"

"Don't listen to her, Ben," Dean warned the kid.

"What? I was just gonna tell him that you're his real daddy," the demon said in a sickly sweet voice.

My blood run cold before she laughed, "Just kidding,"

"Who knows who your real dad is, kid? Your mom's a tramp," she continued, grinning and I fought the urge to agree, arching my eyebrows briefly and shrugging in response to the demon's words.

"You shut your mouth!" Dean snapped gruffly.

"Oh, what? You're her white knight now? She wishes she never met you, Dean. You're the worst mistake she ever made! Well, second worst-" the demon stopped, smiling sardonically at the kid, "-after keeping you,"

"That's not your mom, Ben. She's lying," Dean said, trying to calm Ben down since he was now shaking like a leaf.

"You know, she's begging me to kill you. She says you hold her back. Never had a lick of fun since you were born," the demon cooed in his ear.

"Ben, look at me. Look at me. You're gonna be just fine," Dean said, getting the boy to finally look at him.

Suddenly, Dean whipped out a canister of salt and opened it, throwing it on Lisa. She hissed in pain, immediately releasing the kid. He ran off up just as Dean began to fight with Lisa, holding her back. But he dropped his knife in the process.

"Parker, knife!" he shouted and immediately, I ran over to grab it just as Lisa pushed him back.

"What's the matter, Dean? Hit me. Oh, you don't want to hurt poor Lisa?" she grinned maliciously at him.

He began to chant then and the demon rolled its eyes at him.

"Shut your mouth!" she shouted, shaking her head violently.

Suddenly, she lunged at Dean and caught him by the throat. I let out a gasp, immediately going to his aid. But she just threw me aside and I fell to the floor in a crumpled heap.

"Stop it, I'm warning you!" she hissed at him, eyes briefly turning black again before she snatched a knife off the table beside them.

Without warning, the demon shoved the blade deep into Lisa's stomach. She chuckled as Ben cried out for her then removed the blade from her flesh.

"Exorcise me now," she taunted Dean, "She's just a dead meat-suit. Now, what was it you wanted to say?"

Dean was silent, a pained expression on his face before he said the last few words of the chant in Latin. Suddenly, the demon smoked out of Lisa through her mouth and she fell onto the ground. Dean and Ben rushed to her side.

"Lisa!" he said, green eyes full of concern as he handed her a cloth to put over the wound, "Here, put pressure on that, okay?"

She hissed in pain and he smoothed her dark hair back, "I know, honey. I know,"

With just that one word, it felt like he'd sliced my heart with a butcher knife. Lisa was the one physically injured but it felt like I was the one lying on the ground in a puddle of blood. No, wait, that was just the heart inside my chest. Dean tried to call Sam but he didn't answer. He turned to me then and I held my breath, unsure of what he was about to say.

"Go over in that duffel bag. Grab the salt gun. I got to carry Lisa out, so if anything comes at us, you shoot it," he told me and slowly, I nodded.

Grabbing the gun from the duffel bag, I brought up the rear with Ben in tow as Dean carried Lisa bridal-style in front of us. I grabbed the demon blade from the ground as we went, watching carefully for any on-coming demons. Suddenly, one popped out from behind a corner and I instantly pulled the trigger, making him fall to the ground in an unmoving heap. We kept moving like that over the next several minutes - me shooting a demon when I saw one while Dean carried Lisa. We found Sam after that, locked up in another basement. When he saw Lisa lying there, blood oozing from her stomach, his eyes went to me and I bit my lip, trying to hold back the tears.

We both knew what this meant and how Dean would and had reacted.

"Sam, we need a ride," Dean informed him, racing over to the parking lot behind the building.

Slowly, he nodded in response, "Yeah."

Sam hot-wired one for us and we all piled in, Dean being extra careful of Lisa and her injury. Ben got in up front with Sam and I climbed in the back with Dean and Lisa. He held her close to him, pressing a hand to her wound but it just came back bloody. He made a pained face as I watched them in the darkness.

"Sam, you got to go faster, man!" Dean called to his brother before speaking to Lisa gently, "Stay with me. You're gonna be fine. You're gonna be just fine..."