Chapter 21 ~ Lies Can Catch Up To You

Episode: Season 5 - The End Pt. 1

I knew he was mad when the door to the Impala slammed shut behind him, deafening in the quiet night air. He'd known I was awake in the backseat for a while now, I think. Cas had flown away a while ago and it had been just me and him on the car ride back...in silence. His hands had gripped the wheel so tight, his knuckles turned white. I bit my lip as I pushed off his jacket, letting it fall to the floorboard as I crawled out of the backseat. Scuffing the tip of my combat boot slightly on the dirt, I walked behind him into the hotel room.

Dean said nothing, immediately walking over to the mini-fridge and grabbing a beer. Popping off the cap, he downed some of the contents of it before wiping his mouth off with the back of his hand. Apple-green orbs connected to mine and I pushed a tendril of hair behind my ear, short ebony strands of it brushing against my bare shoulders due to the black halter top I wore.

"Dean-" I started but he put up a hand, making the words catch in my throat.

"Stop, Parker, just-just stop. Please," he said, licking his dry lips slightly before sighing.

Slowly, he set the beer bottle down on the desk before turning to me.

"You lied to me," he suddenly bit out, making me take an involuntary step back.

I shook my head, my eyebrows furrowing in confusion, "What are you talking about? I didn't lie about anything!"

"Your mother was a witch, Parker. What? You didn't think I needed to know something like that? That I was, what? Just supposed to be left in the dark about it?" he shot back, green eyes hardening with every accusation.

I scoffed, rolling my eyes as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"No but what was I supposed to say, Dean? "Oh, hi, guys! I'm back from being cured of my vampirism. Oh and by the way, my mother was a witch! Just thought you should know."," I spat sarcastically.

He shook his head at me, not saying a word. What in the world was wrong with him?! This is stupid!

"Look, Dean, I..." I trailed off, sighing before raising my voice at him as the words tumbled from my mouth, "I should have told you, alright?! I should have said something a long time ago but I was scared of what you'd think, what you'd do!"

"So the best thing was to keep it from me?! So that I had to hear it from an angel?!" he seethed, the corners of his lips turning down into a frown as he glared at me.

"I thought I was doing the right thing! Besides that, what business was it of yours to begin with, Dean?! It's my life, not yours!"

"Oh, well, excuse me for wanting to be a good boyfriend and take an interest in your life! Apparently I'm not a good boyfriend or a brother! I'm just good enough to be the guy everyone lies to!" he shouted before taking a swig from the beer bottle again.

As soon as he removed the bottle from his lips, he heaved it towards the wall and it shattered into pieces, making me flinch. Tears brimmed in my brown eyes and I looked up at him. His green eyes that normally lit up when they connected to mine, were now hard and emotionless as they gazed back into my own.

"Dean-" I started, my voice cracking as the unshed tears threatened to fall.

But he shook his head at me, ripping his gaze from mine.

"Leave, Parker..." he said lowly and I sucked in a breath in disbelief.

"But Dean-" I started to say, taking a step towards him.

"I SAID LEAVE!" he shouted and biting my lip so hard I tasted blood on my tongue, I spun on my heel and raced out the door of the hotel room.

My chest tightened as hot tears streamed down my face, my black combat boots splashing in the mud puddles as I ran. It felt like my heart was breaking into pieces as I ran all the way to the bus stop by the gas station down the road. Stepping into the phone booth on the side of the building, a sob escaped my lips as I dialed a number. It rang a few times as I pressed my forehead into the cool glass, tears clouding my vision.

"Hello?" a familiar, deep voice spoke into the phone and I sucked in a shaky breath, trying to speak through the hiccups that had formed in my throat from all the crying.

"Hey. It's me. I-I just had a-a fight with Dean. Sam-Sammy, can you come get me?"