1: The Dawn Of A New Beginning

• Dedicated to To all the UtaPri fans out there!

Disclaimer: MPK does not own anything from UTA NO PRINCE SAMA! Just my OC KaSakura Melody, steal her...and you'll have to live with a guilty conscience? Just don't use her without permission!

__________________

"Hey, Melody-chan. Do you like music?"

"What?! Of course I do! Why would you even ask me that?!"

"No! I mean the music you and I make, do you think it's good?"

"Uh...yeah! I like our music the most!"

"But...did you ever...hate...it?" I looked at him like he was crazy, "Like, hate music altogether, like it didn't connect with you anymore? Like it wasn't your passion like you thought it was?"

"No way." I told him bluntly, "Are you asking me because you feel this way?"

"No! Yes...maybe. It's just...I don't think music is right for me anymore...I think I might just quit~"

"You can't!" I suddenly had the urge to hug him, and I did squeezing him tightly, maybe a little too tight, "You can't...just quit...You can't just quit music...I know you still love it! Besides, you're too talented! You can't just give up so easily! Please, don't ever say anything like that again!"

"Melody-chan..."

I let go and stood up, "One sec..." I came back with a bottle of apple cider and two glasses filling up both of them. I handed one to him, "Promise me, you'll never lose your passion for music! You're too good!" He stared at the glass in my hands before taking it.

"On one condition." His bangs fell over his face, making him look serious, "You promise you'll never quit music either." We looked at each other for a minute. I then reached my arm over so my glass tapped his.

"I promise."

We tapped our glasses again, and took a sip, at the same time the fireworks started to explode, "Then, it's a deal."

I made that promise 5 years ago on New Year's Eve. There was a party going on at my house and while everyone else was inside having fun, my best friend and I sat on my porch. Right there, sitting in the place where we had always loved to hang out together, we made that deal during the 5 minutes before the new year. And I thought I'd be able to live up to that promise.

But that, was before I was diagnosed with something that I thought would end my life. Ever since then, the bond between me and music was never the same. Especially after I had, a near-death accident. But even after I was completely cured, I still didn't have the enthusiasm, that drive to carry on. My passion for music was gone.

That was until...I got a letter in the mail.

...Let me tell you the whole story.

__________________

"Ms. KaSakura! Ohayo! The president is expecting you!"

"So I've heard." Was how I responded.

I headed to the Shining Agency to speak with the founder, Shining Saotome himself. Apparently, he wanted to speak to me about something very important. Urgently...

"He'll be right with you. The Secretary will let you know when he is available." The intern told me and walked away.

...At least, that's what I picked up from the letter.

I sat in a chair just outside his office, just thinking about what he wanted to say to me, 'What could he want with me? I thought I made it clear to everyone that I was never coming back to the music industry. I want absolutely NOTHING to do with music. At least, not anymore...' My thoughts were interrupted suddenly when I heard a familiar voice on the other side of the wall.