3: His Brand New Melody

"My name is Ichinose Tokiya." He said firmly, and loud. "Do not confuse me with that frivolous and shallow man, HAYATO." He looked back at the water angrily.

"Tokiya...What in the world...happen to you?"

After I spoke he turned around looking at me in the dark. A shiver violently went down my spine. "None of your business, remember?" Tokiya's words shot at me. I thought I felt a dagger pierce my heart, no, my soul.

Haruka looked at Tokiya nervously, "But aren't you HAYATO-sama?"

"OH NO. You got it ALL wrong." Shining Saotome suddenly spun past me and jumped in front of Haruka. "You're wrong!"

"Principal? When did you get here!?"

"I was here the whole time!" He stated proudly.

"So you were eavesdropping?" I asked him.

"You could call it that!" Nanami and I sweatdropped, "That's NOT HAYATO. He is HAYATO's younger twin brother, Ichinose Tokiya!"

"Younger twin brother?" Haruka and I asked in unison.

"You can't be serious." I said to him while looking at Tokiya. He just turned away, looking back at the water angrily again.

Saotome jumped in my face, "Oh but I am!"

Nanami looked at him, "His voice may be a little different, but it's still the same quality as..."

"But that is why they're identical twins! It's not strange at all!"

"It's displeasing to be mistaken for that frivolous idol." Tokiya's eyes narrowed.

"HAYATO-sama isn't frivolous!" Haruka shouted making the three of us look at her, "Besides, isn't he your twin brother? No one should speak of their own family like that."

'If she only knew...' I thought looking at her pityingly.

Tokiya only looked away and sighed heavily before heading back to the dorms. I realized that we should be doing the same. "Haruka, let's get back to our room. Tomochika is probably getting worried." I told her as I turned her around and began walking in the other direction. I saw tears forming in Haruka's eyes and only felt worst knowing that she was the only one that didn't know the truth.

"Do be careful on your way back, girls! Whoa!" Saotome shouted at us before bouncing back into the night.

Before we walked inside the building, I looked back at the place where Tokiya had been with sad eyes. 'When had Tokiya, become like this?'

________________

The Next Day...

"Ohayo-pu! Good Morning everyone! Everyone here has survived the brutal battle of the entrance examinations...But your real battle begins today!" Ringo-sensei said as class began, "People in the composer course, raise your hands!" Haruka and the other students raised their hands, "Now! People in the idol course, raise your hands!" I raised my hand, signifying that I'm apart of the idol course. I looked around slightly to see that Tomo, Otoya, Natsuki, and Masato all have their hands raised as well.

After putting all our hands down, Ringo-sensei continued, "I see. So we've got kids who aim to become idols and kids who aim to compose for the idols. You'll be studying together in order to acquaint yourselves with each other, but at the end of the first term, the idol course students and composition students will pair up! And your partner...won't necessarily have to come from this A-class! You're free to pick a partner of your choice from S-class, or any other class. Your graduation audition will be performed in that pairing! And the road to a major debut will be opened to the victorious pair! Until the official pairs are decided at the end of the first term...You should get to know a lot of people and search for your perfect partner!"