16: Mister Psycho Madness

"It's gone! Like actually gone!"

Haruka narrowly dodged a pillow I had accidentally flung in her direction. "W-What's gone, Me-chan?"

"The song! My song! It's gone!" I pulled the sheets off my bed. I rustled through the scattered papers I had thrown all over my side of the room in my search. "I know I left it here! I'm positive I left it in here!"

"Slow down Melody-chan! You're going to destroy the place!" Haruka frantically tried to stop me from moving. I reluctantly stand in place when she grabbed my arm. "If you need another set of sheet music, I can write you another copy of my composition. I remember the lyrics you were writing for it too, it's not a problem!"

"No Haru-chan. Not that song." I tell her removing her hand. "I'm talking about the song I was writing. The composition I had told you and Otoya about." I take a moment to just eagle eye every corner of my room. "I left it here on the piano in a folder when I last worked on it. I forgot to store it when I finished because I've been so busy practicing for the contest this week. And now it's just disappeared!"

"Maybe you brought it to the studio with you?"

"No way. I mean I did, but the last time I had it was here. I left it in this room!" I unintentionally pulled on my hair in frustration. I was surprised that it had already grown long enough for me to wrap my hand fully around it. "Oww!" I whimpered, before letting go. I sighed, "Haruka, is there any chance that either you or Tomochika could have for whatever reason taken it by accident?"

Haruka took a moment to think. With a hand on her chin, she frowned, "Tomo-chan hasn't stayed in here since a little before the contest preparation started, and that's when you started writing it right? And I'm pretty sure I couldn't have because I'm always looking through my stuff. I always keep it organized...Waah!" Haruka is surprised by my deflated state sitting in the corner. "N-Not to say that you aren't organized Melody-chan! Honest!" I sighed again. "Me-chan, it's okay it's okay! I'm sure we'll find it! But you really need to find Otoya and practice one more time! The competition starts today!"

"You're right, I don't have time to focus on it." I frowned, "I just have a bad feeling about losing it right now, that's all. It could be a bad omen...what if I'm not meant to perform?"

"But you have to!" Haruka yelled, "You have to! For Ittoki-kun! And for yourself Me-chan!" She hugged me, "I know you can do this! You've been working so hard! It'll definitely bare its fruits today!"

I patted her back, not exactly returning the hug. What? I'm not a hugger. "Thanks, Haru-chan. I appreciate your encouragement." I breathed in, "Yeah, I can do this. Bruh, I got this!" Haruka smiled.

KNOCK KNOCK!

"Huh? Who could that be?"

"It might be Otoya coming by early, I'll get it." Haruka sauntered over my scattered things to get the door.

I tried to gather up what I could from the mess I just made. "Or it could be Tomo. Maybe she needs something. I just have a hard time believing Otoya could make it past the front doors of the girls' dormitory yet..."

"OHAYAHHO~!"

"AAAAAAAAAHH!"

"HARUKA!" I jumped up and swished around in her direction. The person at the door caught the surprised redhead before she hit the floor.

"Are you alright, Nya?" I dropped everything I had just picked up from the floor.

"H-HA!" Haruka stammered, "HAYATO-SAMA!"

The dark bluenette helped Haruka to her feet, "Are you two...perhaps alone?"

"Of all things to see on a Friday morning, this has to be one of the worst Tokiya," I grunted annoyed.