13: From Trinity to Tristar and Back (Part 2)

"Me-chan!"

"KaSa-chan!"

"Melody-chan!"

"I DIDN'T GO TO THE DREAM WORLD!" Otoya, Natsuki, and Syo reflexively jump back when I sat up. Disoriented, I grabbed Syo who was the closest to me. "ARE WE ALL DEAD!?"

"Yes!" Natsuki smiled, "Do you see my angel wings!?" He posed. At that moment, I felt like throwing up. I fought all my inner organs to keep from doing so.

"We are not dead!" Otoya slapped Natsuki in the shoulder. "We're in an underground tunnel at the school. We found it by accident. We're trying to lay low here."

"They almost caught us, KaSa." Syo explained releasing himself from my grip, "Because Natsuki went way off course, a bunch of people saw us and they contacted school security. They're looking everywhere for us all. Or rather the golf cart. We were hiding it here. Now I'm going to ditch the cart before we're all caught." Syo got back in the driver's seat. When Otoya ushered me off, Syo started the motor.

"Now hold on Syo! They've already seen it missing, right? Where are you planning to take this thing~!?"

"I'm turning it into school security." Our eyes all widened.

"Wait Syo-chan!" Natsuki went to the side of the golf cart. "If you turn it into school security, you'll be reported to the teachers!"

"You could get expelled for stealing Syo!" Otoya yelled from his other side.

"What choice do I have!?" He shouted in between us. "Ultimately I did steal it, even if I just planned to borrow it for a little while. Look, they only know that the golf cart is missing. They don't know who took it and why." Syo explained, "Since Natsuki went joyriding around the entire campus, they know the cart is here at the academy. All I can do now is turn it in and hope they believe the story I'll tell them." He gripped the steering wheel. "It's the only way. If I get expelled, at least I'll be able to spare you guys by taking the blame."

"But Syo~!" We begged. "Think a moment more! Please!"

"You might not be able to make second period on time. But try for third. Just say you're sick or something. It'll work." The shorter blonde turned the cart around towards the exit. "Let me get a few minutes head start. Then you guys head back up. I hope I can make it before this runs out of gas..." He revved the engine once more. "I'm sorry for dragging you guys into my crazy plans." He smiled sadly at us. My heart ached. "Thank you. Really." Syo drove down the dark hall.

"He's...really planning to turn himself in." Otoya muttered.

"Syo's worked so hard to stay at this academy! I can't let him get expelled because of me!" Natsuki whined with tears. "I just can't!"

Otoya grabbed him before he could move towards the vehicle. "Even if you confess, you'll probably be expelled too! No matter what you say!"

"But~"

"Syo wants the least amount of a penalty on us all. He's doing it for us. If we interfere, he'll hate us for sure."

"Ittoki-kun!" Natsuki looked at Otoya seriously, "That doesn't matter." His stern voice startled him. "It's a matter of standing by your friends when they need you. Syo's in trouble, and I'm not going to let him handle this alone! You'd do it if it were Melody-chan I'm sure. It's the same for Syo and me!" He exclaimed loudly. He then blinked. "Areh? Speaking of Melody-chan, where did she go?"

Otoya looked around him. "Huh? Me-chan!?"

"Syo! Stop the...c-cart!" Syo ignored me and kept driving. "Syo I'm serious!"