2: A Seven Colored Compass?

Two weeks passed after that guard fiasco. I told Shining that he should keep his security people in check. I don't know if they were fired are not, but something like that better not happen again, otherwise, I call lawsuit!

It turned out I scored advanced on both parts of the exam, meaning I passed. To be honest, I didn't think I'd pass, let alone score advance. Maybe I wasn't as bad as I thought I was. Maybe there really was a chance I could return to music properly.

"Ah! Melody!" I turned around and almost get knocked over, "Hey! I'm so happy we all got in!" A girl named Shibuya Tomochika, whom I had met in the examination hall (She had stopped me in the hallway...) glomps me from behind. "It wouldn't be any fun without Lifesaver A around!"

"Lifesaver A? Shibuya-san?"

"Shibuya-san? No way! Call me Tomo-chan! We're all friends here! And roommates too!" Yup that's right, the three of us are roommates. I thought that was very ironic, but I wasn't complaining.

"Isn't it great?! Me-chan?!" The girl from before was named Nanami Haruka. She kept saying that the only reason that she passed the exam was because of me, Ren, and that other boy. "I'm so excited!" She smiled.

"Me-chan?" I questioned, but I didn't get an answer.

"Come on, let's go in before they take all the good seats!" Tomo-chan said before dragging Haruka and me inside. When we sat down the man onstage started talking.

"Welcome to the Saotome Academy Entrance Ceremony! First, a speech from the headmaster." He then stopped speaking so the headmaster can start, but he was nowhere to be found. The man looked around helplessly, "Uh, sir?"

Loud laughing interrupted the guy, "Anyone who doesn't know love, don't even consider singing and get out of here! Your heartbeat is the source of music!" Someone then spotted someone on the roof wearing a weird jester outfit, and I immediately knew that it was Shining.

"That old fool..." I murmured with a facepalm.

Saotome jumped off the roof and dove down towards the ground (us), before taking a turn upwards and bouncing around a bit, like a puppet on a string. He started talking again, "Yes, children. The headmaster is me, Shining Saotome! Welcome to Saotome Academy, the Shining World!" He jumped down and started dancing on the stage, "Music is love! Remember to enshrine your soul, devote your lives to music, and make the multitudes glow!" What that meant, I had no idea. "Congratulations on your acceptance! Thank you!" And with that he jumped back off the stage and just left, leaving everyone there shocked, but amazed.

I sighed, 'That guy...always taking things to the extreme...'

_______________

I went to Shining Saotome's office shortly after to get some more things straightened out. Apparently, I was categorized into the S class, the "special" class, and that's not where I want to be.

"What can I do for you, Missssss KaSakura?!" Saotome asked all loud.

"Why'd you put me in the S class?"

"Because your scores were amazing! Fantastic! Advanced! Brrrravo Melody! Bravo!"

"But, I don't want to be in the S class. I wanted to start over from the beginning, and the S class is not the beginning."

Saotome paused for a second, "KaSakura-san...Are you asking me...to demote you?"

"Yes."

"But...why?"

"Well..." Actually, I was asking myself that same question. "I guess...It's just like you said. I want to make a fresh start. I think it's the best thing for me right now."