Help Me | 1

Isaiah

"Pass that shit bro." I said to my friend, Mia.

"Here." She said passing the blunt to me, letting me take a puff.

I met Mia at a basketball court, while I was playing with my friends.

|FlashBack: 2 years ago|

I went to Malik's house to go smoke with him, since I smoked with basically anyone.

He opened the door and gave me some dap. "Wussup mane, you good?"

"Not really." I said honestly. My friends all knew about what happened with Mateoand they was tryna help me through it.

Ion know where I'd be without them.

"Bro, his clothes were bloody and laying on the side of the road. Sorry but he's probably dea-"

"He not dead. He's not fucking dead." I said shaking my head.

Malik sighed. "Let's go shoot." He said dragging me along. I groaned but followed him.

•••

I was on the bench, taking a break and going on my phone. A girl came up to me and sat down next to me.

"Hey." She said.

I wasn't in the mood to talk so I just smiled. "Hi."

"Bad day?" She asked.

"Bad year." I said.

"Aye, what happened?"

"Ion know you, therefore I don't trust you enough to tell you." I said as she nodded.

"It's cool, I get it." She got up, but then sat back down. "Since my friends are over there being hoes with your friends, let's be loners here."

I laughed. "Aight, sure."

"You seem chill, gimme ya' number child."

"Child? The fuck? I'm 22." I said.

"And I'm 26, gimme ya number."

"Are you really-"

"Nah, I'm 20. Now...ya' number." She said as we exchanged numbers.

"I'll text you..." she trailed off, reading the name I put in her phone.

"Isaiah?"

I nodded. "Nice name right?"

"Nah, mines is better. Mia has a ring to it. Anyways, bye!" She said walking away with her friends.

|Present Day|

Yeah, I've told her about Mateo. She definitely understands what it's like to be in an abusive relationship, so I guess it was kinda helpful?

"Zaya, I'm really worried about you." She said.

"Why?"

"You're doing too much drugs."

I laughed. "It's just weed and lean. Chill yo' aggy self out."

"But you doing too much of it! I want you to stop for a while." She said, trying to grab the blunt.

"Bring me Mateo, then I'll stop."

She sighed and got up. "I wish I could." She left my room.

I got up and stared outside my window. "Where the fuck are you...I need you, Mateo..."

I felt some tears fall down my face. "I hope your safe. You better be leaving Dre's annoying ass." I chuckled. "I miss you so much. You meant everything to me...you still do."

I looked over at my desk and saw some polaroids of me and Mateo being stupid together.

I smiled and started to cry. "I'm gonna find you baby...just hold on." I said putting the picture down and wiping my tears.

"Aww...you done made me cry." I heard Mia's voice at my door.

"How long you been there?"

"Nigga I was never gone." She laughed. I laughed with her and she came up and hugged me. "Don't worry big bro. You'll find him."

"I hope I do."

•••

Dre just annoys the everything outta me.