Help Me | 28

Mateo

I'm so confused. Lately, I've just been feeling dead inside. I've cried my eyes out, I haven't been happy for a while, and it's my fault. It's obviously my fault.

I'm the root of all these problems just cause my feelings aren't in control.

My phone started ringing and checked the caller I.D. It was Isaiah.

Although everything that's happened really drained me emotionally and mentally, I still smile at just the thought of him.

"H-Hey baby..." I say quietly in my bed.

"Hey baby boy. Wussup witchu'?"

I sighed. "Are you really gonna ask that when you've been gone for how many hours doing god knows what? I should be asking you that question."

"I honestly don't know what's been going on with me. I tried to clear out my head. Just the thought of you being raped just pisses me off you know?"

"Just come home, Zaya." I pleaded.

"Tamar gone be there?"

"Ta- who?"

"Tequan. Is he gonna be there."

"You mean Taymor?"

"Terricka?"

I laughed. "It's too early for this. Come home, I miss you."

I could tell he was smiling. "Okay, love you baby."

"Love you too."

I hung up my phone and saw Mia standing at my door with Ayleo next to her.

"Um. Hi. What is this human interaction I'm experiencing?" I said out of nowhere. I quickly covered my mouth.

"I'm sorry, my mind is just...all over the damn place, don't mind that." I sighed.

Mia shrugged and sat on my bed, Ayleo came in and shut the door. "Ayleo is weird like that all the time. Anyway, let's talk."

"About?"

"Food. I'm hungry. Mia, chip me." Ayleo said.

Suddenly, Mia took a chip from her pocket and shoved it in Ayleo's mouth. Their weird for each other.

"Anyway, do you have any feelings for Taymor?" Ayleo asked.

"If it wasn't obvious. Duh." I rolled my eyes.

"What about Isaiah?"

"I should slap the curls out yo' hair. That's my boyfriend, obviously." I told Mia.

"Why don't you be a hoe and keep on on the l-"

I thumped Ayleo on his forehead, hard. "Look, if yall ain't tryna be serious, y'all can leave cause I'm not in the right state of mind."

"No, we're being serious- Ayleo ain't. But anyway, we're just tryna convince you not to pick Tay."

"Excuse me?"

"Well, you're crushing on them both, but Isaiah's your man. If you drop him for some gangbanger, who's younger than you, who you met a few months ago, how would that look on you." Ayleo pointed out.

"Isaiah's been there for you since the beginning, don't let a boy ruin that." Mia said.

I thought about that for a moment. I didn't wanna crush Tay. I really liked him, even if he was only 17. I knew I was hurting him each moment I even looked at him.

I nodded to them, knowing what I had to do.

•••

Is y'all dead 😭

I know I haven't updated this INNA GOOD MINUTE.

but I'm trying to continue this cause it's ending soon, at chapter 35 I think. Maybe 40. Who knows. But I'm not even sure why I stopped updating this, I have some good ideas now I guess🤷🏾‍♀️