Help Me | 11

Isaiah - A week later

Finally, I'm gonna get a break.

I'm loosing a lot of hope. I'm starting to think Mateo is really gone. But I'm fighting that. Mateo is still somewhere, and I'll find him, eventually.

I didn't realize I was crying until I rubbed my hands down my face.

I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in." I weakly said.

Mia busted in with two big suitcases. "Hey buddy!"

I laughed. "Where you going?"

"With you. You thought you was slick going to Cali without me. I think the fuck not." She said sitting next to me.

"What's up bro?"

"What if he's gone forever? What if I never see him again? What if-"

"Shush. What if this? What if that? That's all I hear from you. Just be positive-"

"It's been nearly 4 years and I'm so close to stabbing myself." I cut her off.

She hugged me and nodded. "You'll find him just trust me."

Where though? It's not like as soon as I go to Cali, I'm gonna find him there. He might not even be there.

"Yeh, sure." I said shrugging.

Ayleo came in yelling, but then stopped. "Hold on a minute."

He shut my door, then kicked the door down with his foot screaming. "GUESS WHAT YALL I GOT GOOD NEWS!"

While Mia was dying, I was over here mugging Ayleo. "Nigga I hope you gone pay for that."

"Ignore. ANYWAYS GUESS WHAT?" He yelled.

"What?" I asked, clearly annoyed.

"You give me bad vibes. I'm ignoring you." He said to me. "Anyways MIA, guess what?!"

"Wussup goofy ass lil bro?"

"Lil bro? I'm a year older." He said.

"But who's more mature?" She asked, making me laugh.

"I'm ignoring you're negativity. Anyways, as I was saying, I got us....first class seats with pizza and Chinese food-"

"Pause. Of course it was gonna be food related." Mia said, causing me to laugh.

Ayleo rolled his eyes and threw tickets at us. "By the way the flight is in like an hour."

"Stop playing. An hour?!" I yelled.

He nodded. "And why the fuck wouldn't you tell us sooner?" Mia added.

"I thought you'd care about food more...but I guess not." He shrugged.

"Nigga you are so childish, we won't even make it to the airport in time!" I yelled.

"You such a dramatic bitch. Yeah we will. Maybe."

Me and Mia just mugged him as he shook his head. "That means go get your shit and lets go."

•••

5 hours later In California...

We came out of the plane, walking to the taxi we hired.

"See, I told you bums everything would be chill. Just listen to my ass." Ayleo said, smacking me and Mia upside our heads.

"Smack me again, you bum." Mia said.

"You're negative. We're in California stop being a dick." He said rolling his eyes.

"So, where to now?" I asked.

"A hotel?" Mia said. Ayleo shrugged and nodded.

"So hotel we go."

•••

Guess who finna get baptized today😏 I'm still gonna keep writing, imma just ask god to forgive me and not to tear up my pass to heaven.