Chapter 6

I wasn't sure how long I was asleep but I was woken up by a kiss to my forehead. When I sat up, Alex told me that we would be leaving for home now and after a very long time of packing up the instruments and speakers, we piled into a big van and drove home. Once again I fell asleep on Alex's shoulder but I don't think he minded at all.
  Later when we got back to Highland, Alex asked me to stay with him that night since he missed me so much. I was a little skeptical about that but I stayed overnight and loved every moment of it. We just got into our pjs and afterwards, we crawled into Alex's bed and cuddled all night long.
**************************************
  When I woke up the next day I felt very refreshed and well rested. But when I turned over Alex wasn't next to me! I got up and walked downstairs and he was right in the kitchen. I guess he wanted to surprise me with breakfast but I got up sooner than he thought. Oh well.

  We both ate at the table and chatted it up just like old times. He couldn't stop asking questions about what Japan was like and if there was anything (or anyone) that I liked when I was there. I simply told him that what fascinated me was the culture differences and language barriers. I also loved the food and shopping.
  I told Alex that I had no interest in any other men aside from him. Wasn't sure if it reassured him but he believed me. And I was happy.

I wanted to know what Alex had been up to and if he'd met any other women. He said that Nat had gotten some off broadway parts in the winter and spring months. And that he, Alex, had starred in a privately owned movie. He'd show it to me later. As for women, he told me there was no one other than me in his life.
I could feel a "but" coming up sometime but he didn't tell me. What was he hiding?

Sadie's Returnजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें