Chapter 20

After the concert was done and a lot of people were gone, I went and spoke with Alex about the song. I asked desperately if I had made him like that when I transferred to Japan or when we had our big fight. He claimed that it wasn't my fault at all. But I can't be too sure. I think I did cause him to become upset. I hugged him and said I would see him later.
  Then I went and spoke with Polly and Michael, they had said that Alex had been very depressed when I was gone. And he never wanted me to go away. I felt awful and I asked them if I was responsible for him being so sad. They said both yes and no. He knew it wasn't my fault I had to go but he didn't like our fight and our fight is what inspired him to write that song. I wanted to cry but I didn't.
  I spoke with Nat and asked him the same thing. He started denying it too but then said that I was an inspiration for a sad song. This time I let some tears fall. Nat gave me a hug and tried to comfort me. I wanted to calm down but I was really upset about what I'd done to my Alex. Pretty soon Alex came over and asked what was going on, considering the fact that I was crying and Nat was holding me. As quick as I could, I nearly tackled him when tossed my arms around my Alex and held him tight still crying a little.
He, of course, was confused about why I was acting the way I was. So I told him that I felt so responsible for his sadness and depression. I felt awful about being separate from him and our fight so many months ago. Alex let some tears fall too and held me saying that he also hated our separation and wanted me to always be there. Needless to say, I promised to be with him always.
Wait a minute. Did we just get engaged to be married?!