My True Mother

Chapter 1- Home

Elizabeth's POV

"Oh, you wanna fight? You really wanna fight? Is this awesome or what? A girl thinks she can beat me up! Ha!" says Matthew.

"You first," I say. He punches me in the stomach. "Ow!" I shout. I kick him in the kneecap.

"Lizzy Bode! Detention! Matthew Gunning! Detention!" yells our principal, Mrs. Treed.

I'm used to detention. "Oh my Gosh! That was awesome!" exclaims Nate when the principal leaves and everyone else focuses on the conversation they were having before the fight was a thought.

"I know right?" I say, smiling. "You totally hurt him! Look! He's even holding his knee!" exclaims Nate.

"Yeah, I know," I say. I feel my phone buzzing in my pocket. I check the caller ID and tell Nate I gotta take the call. "Dad?" I ask.

"You did great! I would've paid five bucks to see you beat up that guy!" my dad says. "Mom won't be too happy," I say.

"Oh, I know. I ain't dealin' with that. She's YOUR buisness." says Dad.
"Fine," I say. Then I remind him about detention but he doesn't care. We say bye and hang up.

At dismissal I find my bus driver and tell him I'm not gonna take the bus. I run over to Nate and I get on his double-person bike. He hands me his spare helmet and I put it on as he puts his on. Mine has red flames on it and his has red race cars on it.

Once he drops me off, my mom is looking at me like I'm nuts.

Mrs. Bode's POV

My daughter gets off Nathan's bike and she's looking at me like I'm nuts.

"Lizzy Perry Bode! Punching Matthew Gunning?! Not telling me you're riding home with Nathan?! What am I going to do with you?!" I yell to her.

I tell her that she is grounded and send her to her room. About thirty seconds later I find a note on the ground. It says,'For the record, he punched me first! In the stomach! Then I kicked him in the kneecap!
-Lizzy'

I look at my husband John and he shrugs. Shrugs.

Well, my daughter is finally home. At least I know she's safe.

Lizzy's POV

I can't believe I'm locked up here in my room. Then I hear something nudge my door. Cooper! I quickly open the door then close it once he is in. He is a German Shepherd! He is adorable! "I wuv you boy! You wuv me? 'Cause I wuv youuu!" I say. Then he starts to lick my chin.

"Sorry boy, I have to-" Then I hear something. "'Cause baby you're a fiiiiirework! C'mon let your cooollllors burst!" That is my mom singing! Oh no! She sounds exactly like Katy Perry. I walk into her room and find her playing on her guitar. She looks exactly like Katy Perry!

"Katy Perry, what are you doing in my house?" I ask. She struggles to put on a mask that looks just like my mother's face. "Yes, honey?" she asks.

I scream.

Mrs. Bode's POV

My daughter screams after I put on my mask and act like her mother again. "WHAT DID YOU DO WITH MY MOTHER?!" screams Lizzy.

I tell her I am her mother, but she doesn't listen.

She never does.

John walks in. "Kathryn? Did she find out? I have a bad feeling........."

"Dad, Katy Perry kidnapped Mom!" Lizzy shouts.

"No, I didn't," I snap at Lizzy. Tears sting her eyes and she runs out of the room. I tell John to deal with her, so he does. He comes back with a purple eye. "I'll take care of her," I groan. I have to.

"Listen Lizzy, I have been keeping this secret from you for years. I am your mother. You don't know how hurtful it is when you say you hate my songs and everything. You just don't know how hurtful." Lizzy looks at me. Her eyes are red and dry from crying.

Lizzy's POV

"If you didn't just tell me before I hated Katy Perry," I say to my mom. That is if she IS my mom. For me, home is NOT the best place to be.

I'm gonna run away.