Chapter 2- Runaway Lizzy

Still Lizzy's POV

Once all my bags are packed, I open my window and put everything on the roof. I push my suitcases down to the driveway then I jump down. Ow. That really hurt.

I get on my electric scooter with my bags on my back. I am Runaway Lizzy!

I quickly ride into the city. I stole some of Katy's money ( $200 ) and put it in my wallet earlier today. 😏

I see Nate so I stop my scooter. "I'm running away," I say.

"Why?" asks Nate. "Katy Perry just happens to be my mom," I reply. Before he can say anything else, I go.

Nate's POV

I run to The Bodes' house and Katy Perry opens the door. Let me rephrase that. KATY PERRY OPENS THE DOOR! "Lizzy ran away!" I tell her.

"Oh no, Lizzy! John! Get in the car!" says the one and only Katy Perry.

"Which way did she go?" asks Katy. I point to my left. "Okay, so to the right," says Katy. "No, the left. I'm pointing to the left," I say. "But on my side it's to the right," says Katy. "Oh yeah," I say. "We're wasting time," says Katy. I quickly go get my skate board and follow them.

Then I try to make a jump but then I fall. It really hurts. I can't even feel my legs. I can't get up.

Mrs. Bode's ( Katy Perry's ) POV

"Where is Nathan?" I ask.

"Probably catching up," says John.

"No, we said we would wait for him," I say. I tell John to turn around so he does. We find him on the ground. Looks like he fell off his skateboard.

"Oh my Gosh, Nathan! Nathan! Nathan, are you alright? Can you hear me?" I ask.

"I can't feel my legs," says Nathan. "and..... can you please call me Nate?" replies Nathan. "Oh, alright." I say. To make him feel better, I rub his face and sing one of my songs. "'By the Grace of God, I pull myself back up!'" I sing. "Please don't sing. Just bring me somewhere comforting," says Nate. I put Nate in the car.

"My skateboard!" Nate exclaims. "I'll ride it to your house," I tell him.

He cocks his head, confused.

"I will try and ride it, I mean." I correct myself.

Nate's POV

I am not too sure about this, but I let her ride my skateboard.

"See ya!" she yells and tries to get the skate board going. She finds out skateboarding is not her thing, so she walks to my home with it under her left arm.

Mr. Bode brings me to the hospital and into the Emergency Room.

I sit down on the bed.

A nurse rushes in. "Are his legs broken?" asks Mr. Bode. She examines my legs and does a bit of tests.

"Both of his legs appear to be broken," says the nurse. Oh Gosh. Humiliating. Just humiliating. I am going to be in a wheelchair!

"He will be in a wheelchair. Are you one of his parents?" asks the nurse.

"No," I reply. They both look at me.

"It's a very long story. VERY long." says Mr. Bode. "Very well, then," says the nurse.

Lizzy's POV

I stop at a lake. I go onto the dock and take out some food and set up a small picnic for myself. I still can't believe I'm doing this. I decide to see how Nate is doing, but my phone has absolutely no reception.

I see the bushes shaking, and I get kinda scared. I hug my knees, waiting for something to come out.

Then a bunny crawls out of the bushes and walks away happily.

I feel bad for what I said to my mom.

The thoughts are all in my brain.

Mom: You don't know how hurtful it is to listen to you hating my songs!

Nate: Why?

All those thoughts just washing up at the shore of my brain. It's quite confusing. There are a lot more thoughts in mind too.

It is just so confusing sometimes.

I have gone through so much! I haven't even thought about OTHER people's feelings!