Chapter 21-Catching Fire

Lizzy's POV

I am sitting in my bedroom just looking out the window, basically. I just don't really think that I should be dating anyone else from now on. "Honey!" Ka-Mom says. Snap out of it, Lizzy! Katy is your mom!

"Yeah?" I yell down the stairs. "I FOUND SOME ROSES! THEY'RE FOR YOU!" Dear Lord. Help me.

I trot down the stairs to see a white rose in Katy's hand. Ugh, I was supposed to say mom! It's THAT easy, Lizzy! THAT easy! "It's from your boyfriend, Anthony. How swee-" I cut her off immediately. "HOW SWEET?! DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS?!" I scream. "Uh, no." Katy shakes her head. "He's my ex, okay? Let me handle all this, okay?" I run back up to my room, tears welling up in my eyes.

You know how in Catching Fire, President Snow leaves a white rose at Katniss' house? And how it meant that Snow wanted to kill her? It's not really exactly like that for me, but it does mean that Anthony wants me back. And I don't know what he's gonna do to get me back, but honestly? I think I'm in danger.

I carefully lift the rose up to my nostrils and take a whiff. I drop the rose immediately. It smells like Anthony's breath. Which has always smelled bad.

Uh-oh.

Should I be worried?

Probably.

But, then again, he's only fifteen. What could he do? I look at a broken picture of me and Nate. We were at a dance in sixth grade. That was fun. Then another broken one. Of me and James skateboarding together as kids. I ask myself one question:

"What have I done?"

Anthony will come back to get me. And James. And Nate. Two people who I honestly love. How will I do this?

I decide to skateboard to Rile park. All the guys are busy, I think. Except one of them. One that I've completely forgotten about. "PAUL!" I scream, running into his arms.

He hugs me back. I smile brightly at him. "Hey, what's up?" he asks. "Oh, and can I please-"

"You're back in!" I shout excitedly, a hint of exasperation in my voice. He smiles, grabs my throat, and squeezes it as hard as he can. "Blah!" I croak. Hey, he is squeezing my throat, what am I supposed to say? 'Stop squeezing my throat'?!

I CAN'T.

Then, I guess I just black out.

. . .

I wake up with a gag in my mouth, and my hands tied to a chair. My legs are, too. I try to talk, but it makes me gag. Not the best feeling in the world. I look up to see Paul, James, and Anthony. "What are you guys doing?" I try to say. But it kind of comes out as,"Wha awe yuh ghuys doih?"

"I dunno." a quite familiar voice said. I looked to my right to see Nate in the same position as me. "Nate!" I try to say, but it comes out as,"Nay!"

He looks down at the ground, suddenly thinking his shoes are the most interesting thing in the world.

"Help!" I scream, but it comes out as,"Hell!"

Paul laughs, along with Anthony and....and........James!

???

How was the chapter? Good? Bad?

Sorry it's a little depressing........

Well, bye!